Wonder if Conner saw the storm on the horizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder if Conner saw the storm on the horizon

Given ku can't win a home game suddenly and Self looks burned out on the sidelines, looking back at it, I wonder if Conner saw this coming? Wasn't the guard competition the same? Minus Frank Mason didn't they have Graham and Vick during Conner's time there?

Conner would have been a senior last year. So I doubt he left because they would lose 3 home games in 2017-2018.

Comment

He probably didn't see the storm but he knew the stink that he smelled didn't come from Potters Lake:eagerness:

Comment

Look, I am not a KU fan. They still have a dangerous roster and always will with BS at the helm. Their
        problem is coaching and managing the players they recruit. More specifically getting therm to play D.

Comment

They recruit based purely on talent without regard for character. Sometimes it works, others times it’s the smoldering embers of a dumpster fire.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            Look, I am not a KU fan. They still have a dangerous roster and always will with BS at the helm. Their
            problem is coaching and managing the players they recruit. More specifically getting therm to play D.
            Their roster is straight up suck this year. No idea how so-called blue blood ends up with a roster that thin. If Svi and Graham had gone pro would KU even be able to field a team right now?

Comment

• bleed yellow
              bleed yellow commented
              Editing a comment
              I think the thin roster thing also happened whenever the last time they went to the final 4 was. But that team -now- is like the team that never happened. Good question though, that's Kansas and they don't have very many basketball players on the roster. That's like a camaro with 10 horsepower.

problem is coaching and managing the players they recruit. More specifically getting them eligible.
            FIFY

Slightly off topic, their thread about Billy's mom's Twitter rant is hilarious. Watching their fans cannibalize each other really warms my heart.

Williams Fund scuttlebutt up there (not on their board) is his car is registered to one of Doug Compton's sham companies. I'm stunned. I gotta lie down. But they've managed to cheat and get this Angola kid cleared at break which is so laughable I can hardly believe he's not at UK instead. It really would be funny if it weren't such a blatant scam.

Comment

• Bluzrover
              Bluzrover commented
              Editing a comment
              I just find it laughable that it's taken them this long to determine the "financial picture" of this dude's car. Somehow, some lawyer is trying to figure out how to reinterpret ownership so the kid can play. I won't be surprised if this actually works out for KU. I'll puke, but I won't be surprised.

Originally posted by AndShock View Post

. If Svi and Graham had gone pro?
            Good one.

Comment

Not that it matters for this particular season since Conner would have exhausted his eligibility last year at KU...

but...

I bet Conner probably felt like an insurance policy in case any of the 5-stars didn't pan out and that no matter what he did, he was never going to be a key guy.

I am sure Gregg's recruiting message to Conner was something along the lines of, "C'mon Conner. Stick it up Bill's @$$ and make yourself into a pro here at Wichita State."
              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                "C'mon Conner. Stick it up Bill's @$$ and make yourself into a pro here at Wichita State."
                Nothing would be sweeter for Conner to hang 15ppg in the tourney for a FF or NC appearance. That would be the nastiest taste for Bill.

Comment

Define dangerous? On or off the court?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Define dangerous? On or off the court?
                    I think he is meaning on the court, and in a positive way. I'm not a KU fan either. But the guards have really great 3pt shooting potential. When that has been removed from the game, they look pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      Not that it matters for this particular season since Conner would have exhausted his eligibility last year at KU...

but...

I bet Conner probably felt like an insurance policy in case any of the 5-stars didn't pan out and that no matter what he did, he was never going to be a key guy.

I am sure Gregg's recruiting message to Conner was something along the lines of, "C'mon Conner. Stick it up Bill's @$$ and make yourself into a pro here at Wichita State."
                      I think this is the case. He saw that every year, BS would have a new one and done every year to play in front of Connor.

I remember he by himself, kept KU in that Stanford game and he got squat for it.

In hindsight, i think he would have played quite a bit with Mason and Graham. But at the time, he was getting hosed.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        I remember he by himself, kept KU in that Stanford game.
                        A thousand times yes.

Comment

It’s catching up with him. Not a fan of BS. He’s a pompous, overweight, rug weaver (and wearer) whose initials pretty much sum up his character.

Comment

Working...
                          X