Classy and Proud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classy and Proud

I'm not sure many of you noticed this today. There was a color guard that presented the flags before the National Anthem at the game vs. UCONN. After the singing of the anthem, the Shockers stayed on the court and respected the flag in their "attention" pose until the flag was retired. Great leadership by coach, or whoever, to make sure that was so. It was the right thing to do. The UCONN players went to the sidelines before the color guard had left the court. Thanks coach--and thanks players. Proud to be a Shocker!

I'm glad that someone on the team/staff knew that remaining at attention until the colors are retired is the proper thing to do. I've found that many folks simply haven't been taught this which is sad.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
      I'm glad that someone on the team/staff knew that remaining at attention until the colors are retired is the proper thing to do. I've found that many folks simply haven't been taught this which is sad.
      I wish we’d bring that back to CKA
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Heck if you noticed from the camera angle guys in the stands were putting their hats back on before the singer was done.

Im glad the Shockers did the right thing.

Comment

This is one of the things i always respected about Gene Stephenson to the end. The players always remained at attention until the final strain of the last note of the National Anthem had faded.

It is about respect and discipline and we have been blessed at WSU with coaches who get that.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I noticed it right away.....proud of our team! It is the little things that make the biggest difference.
            Don't sweat the petty things .....and.....don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Singeril View Post
              I'm not sure many of you noticed this today. There was a color guard that presented the flags before the National Anthem at the game vs. UCONN. After the singing of the anthem, the Shockers stayed on the court and respected the flag in their "attention" pose until the flag was retired. Great leadership by coach, or whoever, to make sure that was so. It was the right thing to do. The UCONN players went to the sidelines before the color guard had left the court. Thanks coach--and thanks players. Proud to be a Shocker!
              Singeril, I appreciated your post so much I forwarded it to eight BB buddies of mine scattered all over the country. I got 5 individual replies back asking me to forward our remaining BB schedule to them as they were so impressed with the manner in which the Shockers' respected our flag, that they wanted to start following them the rest of the year.

Comment

Working...
              X