No announcement yet.

WSU Versus UConn Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that a most on here think this game should not be very close, and the statistics bear this out, but UCONN may just be sleeping right now. There isn't a player on their team who wasn't a highly rated recruit. There isn't a player on UCONN who isn't capable of going off and having a great game. While the BIGS have been mostly bad this year, they outrebounded Arizona on the road and were even with them until the final 8 minutes. While, paper says that WSU wins, the full arena of UCONN fans on national television makes this unlike any of their other games. UCONN is opposing a Top 10 team, in front of a full house on national television. If this game is similar to the Arizona game, and it is up for grabs with 10 minutes left, this team with the additional confidence of a full house behind them will be dangerous.

Comment

• 60Shock
      60Shock commented
      Editing a comment
      Good points, Shockm. Although we have been a tremendous road team for many years, we certainly could lose in this environment today.

On the other hand, if our guys aren't jacked up for this game as they should be, anything can happen.

if i was a betting man, i would take connecticut and that +9 or +10, whatever it is by now, in a heartbeat.

Comment

IT'S GAMEDAY BITCHES !!

Comment

Comment

It's a great day to be a shocker! Regular season conference game against a national brand name team on national network tv.

Comment

I'm thinking, once again, we will bring the very best that UConn has to offer out of them. They will get to see what their team looks like when they are giving 100% effort. We will get to see how we handle it. Don't forget your nitro pills!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
              if i was a betting man, i would take connecticut and that +9 or +10, whatever it is by now, in a heartbeat.
              It’s at the 10.5 now. Must be a lot of money getting placed on the Shockers.

Comment

Today's game all comes down to Shaq. If he comes to play angry, hustle, and give maximum effort, the Shocks will win by 15.

Comment

Did anybody else get excited at that James Taylor song coming out of commercial break on the pregame show, thinking that Mike Kennedy was singing and playing acoustic guitar?

Yeah, I didn't think so. It was fleeting thought.

Mike - the road to (additional) greatness is paved with new ideas. Make it happen, Cap'n!

Opening game in a new conference on the flagship NCAA station, with the tournament trumpets leading in. Duhduhduh deh-deh DAH DUH DUH!!!

I hope we get Raftery calling a 25 point blowout as the cherry on top of this one.

E

T

R.

Go Shocks!

Comment

• Shocker-maniac
                    Shocker-maniac commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Announcers: Rich Waltz, Jim Spanarkel

UConn is hurting without Gilbert running the show.

Comment

The nice thing about today's TV game is that there is not another sporting even playing before us to go into overtime. The game should start on schedule.

Comment

The Shocks proved today, they are still road warriors giving a solid home team UCONN, a home loss that will be rare IMO. Even so, I get tired and sick of underestimating our beloved Shocks as I only picked us to win by 3 and we won 72-62. It's all good. They held LS a little bit but he still scored 16. I love seeing the 11 point and 12 rebound showing which was so very awesome for the nice road win.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                        The nice thing about today's TV game is that there is not another sporting even playing before us to go into overtime. The game should start on schedule.
                        Still surprised tip-off was 11:10ish cst, unless I missed something?
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                        X