Wichita State vs Oklahoma Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one definitely stung.

HCGM reacted poorly in the moment with AM. I hoped he would have addressed it differently than he did in the post-game interview.

Trae Young is very good.

Austin has a ways to go.

We will be fine. This is a Top 15 team without Markis; the sky is the limit with him healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      This one definitely stung.

HCGM reacted poorly in the moment with AM. I hoped he would have addressed it differently than he did in the post-game interview.

Trae Young is very good.

Austin has a ways to go.

We will be fine. This is a Top 15 team without Markis; the sky is the limit with him healthy.
      I didn’t hear the post game. I would hope even 5 seconds after he douche bagged AM he would have realized his poor decision. Did he justify it on the post game?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I didn’t hear the post game. I would hope even 5 seconds after he douche bagged AM he would have realized his poor decision. Did he justify it on the post game?
        You can catch the post-game comments here: http://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article190195919.html

He basically said Asbjorn bumped his surgically repaired shoulder pretty good and it was just something else to go wrong on a day when a lot of things had gone wrong. Of course, he didn't seemed overly concerned about the health of his shoulder when he pushed through his team on his way to the locker room at half time of the South Dakota State game.

Perhaps his explanation would have seemed a bit more real if he had added that yeah he probably over-reacted in the moment. Then again maybe he doesn't think he did over-react. OTOH hand the way Asbjorn reacted in the moment kind of indicated he knew it wasn't something he shouldn't have done either.

Not sure anyone really had a good day for the Shockers overall. Maybe Darral but he had a few negative plays was well. Heck even a Shocker fan was ejected from the arena.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 17, 2017, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• HCGM dressed down his coaches pretty good around the 5:20 mark of the first half after Manek continued to have open 3s and make them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Brother Dan View Post

I know its tough to hear the truth. I know you're blind by the deep and boring love you have for these young men.
            Ok, Kung Wu, SHOCKvalue, any other mods out there. This tool bag basically just admitted to being a troll. He's Uncle Mke/ShoxMTXE. Pretty obvious.

Please execute accordingly. Thanks.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I wish Marshall had used his press conference to apologise for his reaction to Mitgaard instead of trying to justify it. I understand you have to take the bad with the good with personality types like his, but that was not a good look.
              Last edited by Zubcut; December 18, 2017, 03:13 AM.

Comment

• "Wichita State Basketball: “The Best Teacher, Failure Is.” – Yoda" - FanSided

by Eric Hogan
                Posted: 12/18/17, 7:30am cst

The third ranked Wichita State Basketball Shockers were bested by Oklahoma University at Intrust Bank Arena Saturday, the Shocker's home away from home.

"The third ranked Wichita State Shockers were bested by Oklahoma University at Intrust Bank Arena, Wichita State Basketball’s home away from home on Saturday. Intrust Bank Arena holds over 15,000 fans and will host this year’s first and second rounds of the NCAA tournament. Wichita State Basketball completed their three game series against Big 12 opponents. They failed to complete the sweep however, dropping the third installment of the series. The Shockers were able to take two of three from their power conference rivals. They included two big wins against Oklahoma State and Baylor. Both on the road, and both were ranked.

Oklahoma’s Trae Young was simply sensational. Trae put up a double/double and proved worthy of his status as one of the nation’s top players. Young dropped 29 points and added 10 assists, as well as being a perfect 7/7 from the free throw line. Jamuni McNeace was a nice compliment, and dominated the paint defensively at times, picking up 4 blocks to go with his 10 rebounds.

The 6’9″ inside out shooter Brady Manek was on point as well, nailing five three-pointers and accumulated 21 points. Christian James and Kameron McGusty rounded out the scoring for the Sooners by adding 13 points a piece. The Sooners relied heavily on Young, Manek & James, each picking up 30 minutes or more in the game.

Balance is the Key for Shocker Basketball
                The Shockers, on the other hand, had a much more balanced attack, getting point production out of nine different players in the first half. Unfortunately for the Shockers, the balance came at a cost.

The bulk of the scoring came down low, with Darral Willis, Rauno Nurger and Shaq Morris accounting for over half of the team’s first half scoring. In contrast, the Sooners hit ten 3-pointers in the first half alone, which accounted for the 15 point lead at the half.

Wichita State was able to shut down the Sooner offense in the second half, holding them to just 28% shooting on 32 attempts. However, where the Sooners failed at knocking down shots from the field, they excelled at getting to the free throw line. Oklahoma was able to hit 16 of 19 from the charity stripe. The Shockers rallied to get within 6 points, but were not able to do enough. They hit only 4 three pointers in 17 attempts.

Speaking of shooters, Conner Frankamp was able to extend his school record of at least one three point basket made in consecutive games. The record currently stands at 32. Conner also remained perfect from the free throw line this year, making his 14th consecutive free throw. Conner ended the game with 14 points and 4 assists with no turnovers.

Gregg Marshall asked a lot of Landry Shamet, who recorded 17 points in 37 minutes. Landry was visibly tired, but clearly gave everything he had trying to will the Shockers to a win. As great a player as Shamet is, he was clearly outplayed by his counterpart Trae Young. Shamet was ice cold from behind the arch, going just 1-6. Shamet also struggled controlling the ball, matching turnovers with assists at five a piece.

Darral Willis was the star of the game for the Shockers. He put up another double/double with 20 points, 12 rebounds and a steal. All in just 24 minutes. Willis was also able to draw some fouls and go 7-9 from the free throw line.

Wichita State simply got out-played on Saturday. Oklahoma is a team to watch out for this year in the always tough Big 12 conference. When you are ranked in the top 5, every team that comes in is going to give you everything they’ve got.

Saturday the Shockers were not prepared to take on a team that is clearly a top 25 team with one of the premier players in the country. I would not be surprised to see the previously un-ranked Sooners take a massive jump in the rankings. Quite possibly all the way up to the top 10.

Failure is the Best Teacher
                According to Yoda, Michael Jordan, and pretty much every philosopher ever, failure is the best teacher. The question is, what will Gregg Marshall’s Shockers learn from this loss? While the Shocker Faithful wanted to see a Big 12 sweep this year, it was not to be.

The Shockers will look to return to form this week as they take on Arkansas State (4-7) on Tuesday, followed by Florida Gulf Coast (7-5) on Friday. Wichita State will host both games at Charles Koch Arena in front of 10,506 Shocker Faithful."

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  I hate this new chat board format with the heat of a thousand suns
                  I just checked on your account as to why you are struggling so bad with the site, and I think I understand why ... you need to change your Posts Per Page setting. I think you currently have it set to load every single post in the entire thread, every single time.

Click your username at the top --> User Settings --> Account --> scroll down and find Posts Per Page --> change it to 20.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I just checked on your account as to why you are struggling so bad with the site, and I think I understand why ... you need to change your Posts Per Page setting. I think you currently have it set to load every single post in the entire thread, every single time.

Click your username at the top --> User Settings --> Account --> scroll down and find Posts Per Page --> change it to 20.
                    Bless your heart. This has been killing me since the changeover on both lappy and mobile. If I didn't have a full beard and six-pack abs, I'd kiss you.

Comment

• Kung Wu
                      Kung Wu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      But do you have back hair?

• Anthroshock
                      Anthroshock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nothing that daily shaving doesn't take care of.

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Ok, Kung Wu, SHOCKvalue, any other mods out there. This tool bag basically just admitted to being a troll. He's Uncle Mke/ShoxMTXE. Pretty obvious.

Please execute accordingly. Thanks.
                    Why are you such an a**hole? I'm just another Shocker fan like you, and I am concerned about how the team looks especially as we play higher and higher competition. I just want us to win ball games.
                    "You need to be standing on his toes when he's catching the ball. He's that good."- Gregg Marshall

Comment

• You're seriously not banning this clown Kung Wu?

Wow, here we go again...
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        You're seriously not banning this clown Kung Wu?

Wow, here we go again...
                        He's gone for a bit.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

He's gone for a bit.
                          Gracias.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Thought this was worth posting

Comment

• And this:

Tom Crean Dec 17

I know @GoShockersMBB didn't get the win yesterday but the energy and support at @INTRUSTarena was HIGH LEVEL!! From doors opening to close!

Comment

Working...
                              X