No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Oklahoma Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trae Young is a lottery pick. And Shamet is not. Shamet also really needs to become more aggressive on offense in general. He's the best offensive player on our team by a mile with McDuffie out, and he doesn't hunt his shot until we're behind.

OU's going to be ranked the rest of the season and they better win the Big 12. Anyone calling that a bad loss is an idiot. Young's the best PG in the country, and OU's a top 25 KenPom team.

We really, really miss Jans, Heiar, and McDuffie.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

Come on dude, you know that's not true.
      #whatever offense held to 0 FGs the last whatever minutes. We aren’t impressive when we go scoreless for 7+ minutes either.

Comment

• Rlh04d
        Rlh04d commented
        Editing a comment
        OU went into a prevent defense at the end of the game limiting possessions.

We played well, but their coach intentionally took them out of their flow as well. They were bleeding clock, despite their offense loving tempo.

• Originally posted by T.VuOP View Post

At home against an unranked team?
      I believe OU was ranked #24 in the Coaches Poll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        I feel like our assistants are drawing up bad game plans and 3G is having to trash it halftime and adjust on the fly. This is starting to become a trend. SDSU, OSU and now OU.
        Thinking the exact same thing.

We are getting destroyed on the bench. Our talent is top-notch but our game planning and scheming is completely whack. That doesn't bode well for the AAC.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I think we just witnessed the next Steph Curry - Allen Iverson - Chris Paul.....Young is a damn good player and obviously can take over a game. He was the difference period....we sold out our defense to stop him in the first half and he still scored 20+.

Comment

• Btw, IBA games are starting to suck.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• proshox
              proshox commented
              Editing a comment
              Only because the two best players faced during the year happened to be the Intrust games.

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
            Held OU to no field goals for the last 7:15 seconds. Still lost.
            Not saying I don’t believe you, but if that’s true, then “Yikes....”

The Assman

Comment

• moshock
              moshock commented
              Editing a comment
              OU was stuck on 80 for quite some time

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
            Trae Young is a lottery pick. And Shamet is not. Shamet also really needs to become more aggressive on offense in general. He's the best offensive player on our team by a mile with McDuffie out, and he doesn't hunt his shot until we're behind.

OU's going to be ranked the rest of the season and they better win the Big 12. Anyone calling that a bad loss is an idiot. Young's the best PG in the country, and OU's a top 25 KenPom team.

We really, really miss Jans, Heiar, and McDuffie.
            I’m not convinced Shamet wouldn’t average 20+ if he decided he was going to average 20+. Get a little bit better at that flailing that Trae Young is A+ at and he could get it off just FTs.

Comment

• Rlh04d
              Rlh04d commented
              Editing a comment
              Shamet could average 30+ if he wanted to. We'd lose a lot of games, though.

• Really guys?

First of all, OU is ranked 25 in the coaches poll. They are not "unranked."

Secondly, this OU team could and should win the big 12.

Thirdly, Duke lost to unranked and piss poor Boston College.

Stop the hyperbolic melt down and realize we lost to a good team with a great coach. It happens.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• These posts about us being overrated is annoying AF. We lost to a good team, definitely top 15 caliber, with an NBA lottery pick freshman phenom.

Some of the stuff they were hitting just can't really be stopped.

I think Shamet started taking control a bit too late, so hopefully he gets more aggressive earlier in the game.

And can I point out that we are missing ONE OF OUR BEST players.

Everybody relax, we have a great team with the ability to go to a final four. Just being able to say that is really special.

Comment

• Defense sucks in first halves but we will be fine!

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  I’m not convinced Shamet wouldn’t average 20+ if he decided he was going to average 20+. Get a little bit better at that flailing that Trae Young is A+ at and he could get it off just FTs.
                  Trae Young wasn't flailing tonight. And, who was it on here years ago that said, "When ifs and buts are candy and nuts, we'll all have a Merry Christmas"?

Comment

• IBA starting to have bad juju.

I remember a couple years where the Shox were unimpressive for long stretches of games here, but still pull off wins.

I love playing games here, but it must be a rhythm thing for the players.
                    The Assman

Comment

• proshox
                      proshox commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Or we run into a really good player at Intrust.

• Some of the esteemed bunch here think we should go 30-0 every year or we suck or are overrated.

However, there have been some noticeable deficiencies that have shown themselves up in a lot of our games.

OU is legit. Our game plan sucked. Coaching sucked.

Funny that none of these boo birds were present after Baylor and OSU.

You can't win EVERY game. However, this was an opportunity lost.

We're about a 15-20 ish team. I'd put OU pushing the Top 10.

Oh, and OU>>>>>>>>>>>Washington
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Of course we will be fine. Long season ahead. Hope everyone enjoy the season.
                      Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Working...
                      X