Blackout for Saturday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackout for Saturday!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

I saw on the Shocker Faithful they were trying to get this done. Should look pretty awesome in IBA.

Comment

Ugh. I have no recent or decent black WSU shirts. It's on my list, but not before Saturday.

Besides, I've always felt a blackout makes the arena look empty.

Comment

• proshox
        proshox commented
        Editing a comment
        Most important game in the HCGM era was the creighton black out. Very intimidating for the opposition.

About a month too late to make this work.

Comment

So is this an unofficial blackout being put on only by Shocker Faithful? Or is the Athletic Department behind it? Either way, I do think it might be too late to do so, but I'll go ahead and wear black.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Ugh. I have no recent or decent black WSU shirts. It's on my list, but not before Saturday.

Besides, I've always felt a blackout makes the arena look empty.
          Agreed on the emptiness comment. If we're going to "color-out" an arena, I'd prefer it to be yellow. However, I'm really glad they're gonna stripe the arena for the Houston game. Striping looked by far the best. Looking at a framed picture of the striped out Indiana State game a few years back right now and admiring it.

Comment

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            That game didn't have any white involved and, yes, it looked great. I too have a framed picture of it. Fortunate for me, I'm not in a white section (which I think is just wrong) for the Houston game.

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
          So is this an unofficial blackout being put on only by Shocker Faithful? Or is the Athletic Department behind it? Either way, I do think it might be too late to do so, but I'll go ahead and wear black.
          I don't see anything on goshockers about it so i'd say the athletic dept is not involved. I was going to wear black anyway.
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post

I don't see anything on goshockers about it so i'd say the athletic dept is not involved.
            I'm not sure you're giving the athletic department enough.......errrrr......credit?

Comment

The K-State blackout they did at IBA a few years ago looked great. FWIW.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

If we lose there's a good chance I'll blackout anyways. So it's a win win

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                  The K-State blackout they did at IBA a few years ago looked great. FWIW.
                  You could argue they blacked out the upper bowl for their game this year too.

Comment

You could argue they blacked out the upper bowl for their game this year too.
                    See my recent post hahahaha

Comment

Not a fan of the black out...makes the crowd disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

I'm not sure you're giving the athletic department enough.......errrrr......credit?
                        I know. I'm just waiting to see how they screw up the striping against Houston although you could make the case that they already did by including white. They managed to screw it up last year for the ISUr game.
                        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I don't know the answer to this question. I just saw it posted over there and thought if it was going to work at all, the more the merrier. I agree that it's probably way too little and way too late.

"You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                          X