WSU Versus Oklahoma Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
    Is it me, or does Trae Young's style and game look a lot like Steph Curry's? The kid looks dynamite. Dude shoots 47 percent from the field, 37 percent from 3 and 86 percent from the free throw line. Leads the team is steals and assists, the kid is awesome.

He's going to get his 30 points per game average, but what I'm hoping what happens is that it takes him 30 shots to do it. Like someone said, if we minimize his supporting cast, we win. OU has not scored less than 82 points in a game this year, this will be the first and we win 83 - 74.
    His usage is crazy high, too. Landry Shamet is a better shooter in all categories, but WAY less shots. In shooting alone Trae young is 25% of the teams attempted FGA. Landry is 15% of WSU's.

Comment

• Cdizzle
      Cdizzle commented
      Editing a comment
      Young doesn't have Willis on his team.

• Shaqness
      Shaqness commented
      Editing a comment
      Much more than Willis. Although I'd buy tickets to the Landry Shamet show. Just imagine him shooting 30 shots a game.

Interesting that I do not believe OU has played a traditional "away" game this season. The closest has been USC at the Staples Center, and next closest was Oregon in Portland. OU also played Arkansas in Portland for OU's sole loss of the season.

The Intrust gamesite continues that pattern.

76 - Jim Ross
    98 - Undertaker threw Mankind of Hell in a Cell, and plummeted 16 feet through an announcers' table.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Trae Young is an explosive player. I haven’t seen him play much (portion of the USC game), but it appeared that he saves all of his effort for the offensive end. Shamet would eat him alive and he would lose track of CF.

My prediction: Trae gets to 30, but on a not efficient 26 shot attempts. Frankamp is our leading scorer and makes five 3s. Shox 87-76.

Comment

Another game we should win handily but will depend on a full 40 minute effort for everyone. We should have SHJ back which will be a good change of pace when LS takes a spell. If Tekele were still on the roster, we know who he would draw in his assignment and I'm pretty sure the Shox would win by more than 20 as Young would struggle to even get more than 15 or 20 shots up, let alone make any.

But alas, Mr. Cotton is no longer stifling leading scorers in D1 and we have to hope Zach, Conner, Landry, Austin and Samajae can slow Young down just a tad while the rest of the defense shuts down the four remaining Sooners on the court.

I predict a close game for the first 35 minutes, keeping all of us in IBA standing the whole time as we will the Shox to a win.

Comment

I, too, am expecting a huge game from Conner on Saturday. Not sure why, but I got a good feeling he's gonna go off.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• forevershockerfan
            forevershockerfan commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm hoping CF gets hot in a flurry of scoring as did David Kyles versus Tulsa at IBA many moons back. DK got hot and his teammates just kept feeding him the rock..Tulsa did not know what hit them.

• wsushox1
            wsushox1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh I remember FSF. Was in row 5 at that game!!

OU could very well win the Big 12. Should be a dog fight between them, Texas and KU. All
          three will improve as the season progresses. Expect a tough game. Have to play tough D
          from start to finish and take care of the ball. Angry Hyenas 84 Sooners 81

Comment

Something tells me I should not make a poll

Comment

• Shocker-maniac
              Shocker-maniac commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree. Make the poll! Haters gonna hate whether you have a poll or not. Just remember there’s a bunch of old grumpy guys on this board that just like to complain and being miserable.

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't think it's just the old guys that are grumpy although not sure how you can tell in most cases. However, I do concede to be old.

• wichshock65
              wichshock65 commented
              Editing a comment
              Welcome aboard Crown! I read your back story and all is good. You make all the darn polls you want and ask this board all the questions you want. Its great to have a self-made fan in Saint Loui and I'm sure if we were still doing arch madness we would find a way to get you and you family to a game. Love new generations of Shocker fans!

Shocks by 14.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

An interesting tidbit, OU's 6'7" 236lb SO F Kristian Doolittle who averaged 9 and 6 last year, had been suspended for the fall semester by OU due to academic reasons so he hasn't seen the floor as of yet. The fall semester at OU officially ends on December 15th, just in time for Doolittle to be reinstated for our game on the 16th. He scored 8 and grabbed 5 rebounds against us last year in 18 minutes of play as a Freshman. Will he play? His presence will certainly help their defense and inside play and he physically matches up well with Shaq and Kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                An interesting tidbit, OU's 6'7" 236lb SO F Kristian Doolittle who averaged 9 and 6 last year, had been suspended for the fall semester by OU due to academic reasons so he hasn't seen the floor as of yet. The fall semester at OU officially ends on December 15th, just in time for Doolittle to be reinstated for our game on the 16th. He scored 8 and grabbed 5 rebounds against us last year in 18 minutes of play as a Freshman. Will he play? His presence will certainly help their defense and inside play and he physically matches up well with Shaq and Kelly.
                Lon Kruger already stated he won't play Saturday. He'll begin practice with the Sooners on the 17th.

Comment

This is gonna be a slow week waiting for this game. It will be my first game since the first exhibition game earlier this year at Koch Arena. I expect the atmosphere to be similar to the Utah game, if not better. Even though OU didn't crack the Top 25, I know our crowd will treat them like a Top 25 team.

Shockers - 80
                Sooners - 74

Comment

• DwShock
                  DwShock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OU is 24 in the Coaches poll.

Shockers 82
                Sooners 70

The young point guard will do his best to put them in the top 25 poll next week, but the Shockers will be prepared for this challenge. Most interested in seeing how many shots a star player must take to get his points. Feel our defense is improving overall with the exception of the South Dakota State game (They lit it up, 50 in one half). Should be a fun game to watch because they generally push a fast tempo.

Comment

Young is very talented offensively but not so great on D. I think Landry will take him out behind the woodshed.

I wonder if Shaq will be out of the doghouse or does Rauno get another start.

WSU 90
                  OU 82
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                    Young is very talented offensively but not so great on D. I think Landry will take him out behind the woodshed.

I wonder if Shaq will be out of the doghouse or does Rauno get another start.

WSU 90
                    OU 82
                    What prompted Nurger to get the start over Shaq on Saturday? Sorry if this has been answered already.

Comment

Originally posted by Slykryck View Post
                      What prompted Nurger to get the start over Shaq on Saturday? Sorry if this has been answered already.
                      I don't believe there's been any reason given. We may find out tonight on the coaches show.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Working...
                      X