WSU Versus Oklahoma Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Oklahoma Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. This rematch will be sooner than later but the Shocks will circle the Sooner wagons for the "once, twice, three times, the winning" in the Big 12 Challenge. Both teams are now 8-1 after The Sooners defeated 25th ranked S. Cal. Trojans last night by the score of 85-83 for a nice road win. What a disparity though with the Mags prognostications of their finish in the Big 12 this Season. Lindy's picked them 2nd, noting they return 77% of their scoring from their squad last Season. Street & Smith picked them 8th and Athlon said 7th. Who is missing that was tough in our game? Jordan Woodard is gone and was a "storming norman" in our victory down at "Norman ooh, ooh, ooh ooh ooh" last Season. That old song by Sue Thompson hit me hard as I type and now I can't get it out of my lil pea brain!!!!!!!!!!!. Yikes!!! OU only loss was 92-85 versus Arkansas.

His name is Trae (forever) Young 5 star Freshman who it has been said averaged over 42 points in high school in scoring per game. Yeal but, that was high school? Maybe, but he rang up the Ducks from Oregon for 43 and handed out 7 assists for kicks in a road win 90-80. Young had 29 smackers in their win last night. Oklahoma had 5 more 3-point makes than S. Cal but were outrebounded 45-32. Trae (makes deep trays) Young will be all over the Shocker radar screen in their prep. work. Other key players the OU is Tameron (never dusty) McGusty, Khadeem (Lupti Lu) Lattin, Manek (Sooner Bunch) Brady, and Christian (his 0 number on jersey reflects my lifetime scoring average) James. Lon Kruger is an excellent coach IMO.

The IBA game will give the Shocks a great opportunity to get another win streak started. Our beloved Shocks only loss there ever was last Season versus the Cowboys. Here is how this fsf of the game of basketball sees this exciting matchup. The Shocks have to keep Mr. Young scoring to "a mild road" and hopefully well below his average. While OU has some solid bigs, I think our inside game will thrive in this game and once we get that rocking out, watch out because I truly think this could be that very game the Shocks will rain down laser 3's until the cows come home. Look for LS to have another solid game, CF to have his best game all Season, and Shaq to get a double-double.

In conclusion, this win would be a prestigious sighting on our future Dance resume' with a 3-0 surpass versus Big 12 foes with 2 of them on the road. Even so, Oklahoma looks better to me than last Season, but here is much better news. So do the Shocks as we win by 11 and #11 leads us with 22 points.

Joe Griffin 81

Blake Griffin 70
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Trae Young is the real freaking deal. If he wants to get 40, let him get 40, but the other players can't score.

This will be a BIG TIME game next weekend with a TON of media eyes on the Shamet vs. Young match-up. Huge opportunity for the shockers and for the program. A win will go a long ways.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I believe this will be Khadeem Lattins first game back correct ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        I believe this will be Khadeem Lattins first game back correct ?
        He played last night.

Comment

As mentioned by Play Angry, KL did play last night and scored 5-pts and had 6 rebounds.

Comment

I am so excited for this one. Hopefully the Sooners can sneak into the Top 25 Monday.

Gregg 93
            Lon 82

Comment

I agree with forevershockerfan , I think we snap OU's 80+ pts streak. Landry Mayweather Shamet goes 22-5-3 and we win by 4. 79-75.

Comment

Glad the game is a week off as Landry took a couple of very hard hits/falls and a little rest certainly can't hurt.

Shockers 85
                Sooners 71

Comment

Rodgers and Hammerstein - 68
                  Dr. Brewster M. Higley - 87

Go Shockers!!!:poster_wu:

Comment

As we ponder the OU game, certain things on the OSU stat sheet jump out at me both good and of needing improvement. LS was the Shocker catalyst with a glittering game of 30 points, huge plays on defense, and 5 of our only 11 assists. Our 19 turnovers has to improve back to 10-12 or under. This stat of us winning the battle of the boards 36-26 was huge, as Kelly led us with 7. Shaq did foul out, never scored inside, and made a 3-pointer for 3 points. We must get him the rock inside where he does his best handy-dandy work. Willis had 12 points and 6 rebounds in only 15 minutes, mostly in the 2nd half, where he also gave our squad a needed spark. We could also really benefit getting SHJ healthy and back on the court.

Last but not least, I really like this comparison and hope for more of it from the Shocks. While OSU was 18-21 on throws, we were 26-32 at a whopping 81.3%. Right now, I can't hang up and listen because I have this to also say. The Shocks are striving to play solid for as close to 40 minutes as possible of course. Also, our quality depth is paying off in the 2nd half, even with missing MM and limited playing from SMJ lately due to illness. However, I'm in hopes the Shocks can come out swinging more early because we look sluggish lately in games during the first 10 minutes or so. I'm thinking this will Not happen versus OU, but rather we will should out smokin and ready to execute from tip-off to the final buzzer with a thrice nice sweep of the Big 12 Challenge.

Comment

78 to 70 Shoxs!
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Here are some interesting stats concerning the benefits year in and out of our deep bench. Yesterday, our bench outscored the Cowboys bench 20-10. Last Season, in our 76-73 win in Norman versus OU, our bench scored 40 to their bench total of 13. Not often do the Shocks get out-rebonded, but did so in that same game 46-43. Z Brown led our scorers with 17 pts.

Comment

Is it me, or does Trae Young's style and game look a lot like Steph Curry's? The kid looks dynamite. Dude shoots 47 percent from the field, 37 percent from 3 and 86 percent from the free throw line. Leads the team is steals and assists, the kid is awesome.

He's going to get his 30 points per game average, but what I'm hoping what happens is that it takes him 30 shots to do it. Like someone said, if we minimize his supporting cast, we win. OU has not scored less than 82 points in a game this year, this will be the first and we win 83 - 74.

Comment

Trae Young - 78
                            The Good Guys - 91
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X