WSU Versus Oklahoma Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
    I don't believe there's been any reason given. We may find out tonight on the coaches show.
    Does that mean you are going to call in and ask?
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

In delivering the commencement speech at Dillard University, Academy Award-winning actor Denzel Washington told the college graduates to put God first in eve...

Here is a motivational speech by Denzel Washington that really rocks. The Shocker Coaching Staff also works hard with young college men, teaching them to not only grow as basketball players, but also as people that make a positive difference in life.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Does that mean you are going to call in and ask?
        I won't be able to tonight but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if someone does.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I just watched the replay of last year's OU/WSU game. I was surprised to be reminded how great Daishon Smith played and how bad McDuffie was. I can't believe how much Smith digressed towards the end of the season. He looked better than Landry against OU. Daishon was a huge part of the rotation at this point in the season. By the end of the season he was barely playing.
          As for Markis, he couldn't finish at the rim to save his life. He must have had 6 or 7 shots blocked. He looked nothing like an NBA prospect in this game, although his defense was pretty good. His length caused some problems for their wings.
          Connor was shooting with absolutely no confidence at that point. He looks like a completely different player now.
          This was still before Shamet was switched to PG. He looked OK against OU but nothing like after he started taking over the offense as PG. I was surprised how different we look now with basically the same players. For example, our leading scorer in that game was Zach Brown who was lights out from 3, kind of like this year's ND game.
          Willis did look EXACTLY like he does now except he’s hunting threes this year. (Has anyone seen him use his right hand even one time this year? I heard he spent the entire offseason working on it)
          it was interesting looking back at this game. Jordan Woodard went off for 25. Trae Young is much better than Woodard. Im sure he’ll get a lot of attention on Saturday.
          Last edited by Zubcut; December 11, 2017, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
            ShockingButTrue commented
            Editing a comment
            Hate to nitpick but he had 28 pts., 4 assists, 7 rebounds and 2 steals. As for Willis, I think it was against Baylor he had a really nice block with his right hand.

Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
          Has anyone seen him use his right hand even one time this year? .
          He hasn't used it once. Pretty upsetting for me as I was really hoping for him to add that to his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaqness View Post

He hasn't used it once. Pretty upsetting for me as I was really hoping for him to add that to his game.
            I thought I saw him use the right at the rim one time, but didn’t rewind to confirm
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The scout has been out. We are playing good teams. And he is still scoring extremely efficiently. There are only so many things on a scouting report most teams can take away at one time.

I'd really just like to see his FT% come up a little bit. He's the best on the team at getting to the line, and he clearly has the offensive game to shoot well from the line.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                I thought I saw him use the right at the rim one time, but didn’t rewind to confirm
                If we no he can’t use his left, no way opposing coaches haven’t scouted it. But no one is stopping his left (except the refs when the catch him hooking on that spin move) so I’m not concerned at this point.

Comment

Maybe Willis still hasn’t incorporated his right hand to everyone’s liking but he certainly has improved his shooting range, passing and I think his defense has improved as well. I’ll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                    Maybe Willis still hasn’t incorporated his right hand to everyone’s liking but he certainly has improved his shooting range, passing and I think his defense has improved as well. I’ll take it.
                    Yep. More than a fair exchange.

I'll lament Willis not using his right hand when Shaq starts using his left hand.

Comment

At this point, I just want a win. A 1 point win would satisfy me. Keep winning!
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

OU is similar to Savannah State (they put up a lot of shots)except they have more skill, more athleticism, play better defense, and will get better shots. USC is very good and that game was close. USC plays similar to OU too. It was a wild athletic game with two teams going up and down the court. I'm not sure our style of play matches theirs very well. We can run but discipline and running an offense is more important for us. A lot may depend on our game planning. This game concerns me

Comment

Slow starts and excessive turnovers will not work out for us in this game. The Shocks have plenty of motivation to regain their winning ways at IBA while also defeating Big 12 teams thrice. The IBA will be loud enough to blow the roof, exciting enough for the arena mice to stay in their lane, and focused enough for the crowd to be the 6th man of an already deep Shocker team. The Shockers are the better of the two teams on paper, but to the winner on the hardwood goes the spoils for the win. In this game, look for the Shocks to be hitting on all cylinders for the surpass.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Wes Washpun rode his left hand all the way to an All Valley season. Willis just needs to stay in the flow and not become a black hole.

Comment

Land on Friday. Looking forward to lunch and Shocks vs OU on Sat, watching vs ASU at my folk's then back to the roundhouse on Saturday for the game vs. FGCU. It will be my first Koch game since our loss to Drake during HCGM's first season –that has been my last roundhouse memory for far too long (Is it just me - or was that game the official lowest point of GGG's time here?).

Hoping my Shocker Holiday results in three wins!

Comment

• Cdizzle
                                Cdizzle commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I swear, if you screw this up for us.....

But for seriously though, hope you get to enjoy some Shocker wins in person!

• chitown_shocker
                                chitown_shocker commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I have been to many games in St Lou, Chicago & IBA since that debacle –WSU is 7-2 –So it's not ME :)

• WuShock16
                                WuShock16 commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Florida Gulf Coast is on Friday, December 22. I would hate for you to come to Koch on that Saturday and have a Griswald-at-Wally-World experience.
                            Working...
                            X