Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
    Road games are hard. Nice job Shocks.
    "We're tough," Shocker senior Rashard Kelly said. "It's not easy to win on the road. My body hurts, like it's been hit with an 18-wheeler.
    Wichita State's Landry Shamet won the final 25 minutes of that game. There can't be many better road games recorded for any Shocker of any era. He scored 30 points and his defense and floor game were just as important.

Comment

• Some people have criticized Austin's ballhandling and while there may be some validity to that I'm not overly concerned about that. I have a feeling that Austin is still knocking off the rust after recovering from shoulder surgery and mononucleosis preventing him from doing much of anything on the basketball court since the end of last year until about a month ago.

One thing I don't think can be questioned is this kids guts and toughness. That charge he took in the 1st half was fearless. And you don't knock down a pure 3 pointer from AT LEAST 25 feet in crunch time without some cohones.

I like Austin's game just fine.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 9, 2017, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• Shaqness
        Shaqness commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought he had done a decent job at letting the offense flow early in the season. I think he will quickly bounce back. I don't really know if anyone questions his grit. It's just his skills some wonder about. I don't like his handles, but he has been more serviceable than Jones for flow in the offense.

• shocksrbest
        shocksrbest commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish I could "like" this about 10 times. Love the spirit of Reeves--guys a winner.

• Aargh
        Aargh commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like Marshall llikes Reaves' game just fine, too. There's a saying about "it's not so much who starts, but who finishes". Reaves is ALWAYS on the floor at the end of close games.

• The days of 'Little Ol Wichita State' surprising anyone are long gone, plus the target on the Team's back just keeps getting larger and larger.

But we certainly can't complain as the notoriety and success are well worth every school gunning for us.

Comment

• That was a great win. Tough to go into Big 12 country and escape with TWO wins. Hope we hit the trifecta next week.

Comment

• I wonder if KU will be able to sweep the Waco-Stillwater road trip.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• wheathead
            wheathead commented
            Editing a comment
            It’ll be fun to watch for sure.

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          I wonder if KU will be able to sweep the Waco-Stillwater road trip.
          Kunkel-face would remind us they’re inconsequential losses.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• nm, double post
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Tough first half, defensive battle, too many turnovers. Finished the half strong and carried it over to the second half. What can you say about Shamet, he was awesome, Conner had a nice game giving us another dependable scorer, and how bout Willis, best big man today. Shaq couldn’t get untracked and Nurger was having a hard time with the speed of the game today. I will say Nurger did good getting defensive rebounds and hit some timely 3s. We shot the three well along with our fts. Great win, great second half.

Comment

• What a fun trip. These past two weekend on the road have been a blast! Just great effort from the guys to overcome adversity. Markis is going to be a nice Christmas present.

Comment

• Just made it back from Stillwater. Had a great time with a couple thousand other Shocker fans. I hope the staffs are able to arrange an extension of this series.

What impressed me most from the win today was the way we counterpunched every time they hit us. Every time OSU started to close the gap in the 2nd half and the crowd got pumped up somebody hit a sit down and shut up shot. It wasn't just one player either, Landry, Conner, Shaq, Darral, and Rauno all made at least one big shot to push the lead back out and i'm sure I forgot someone.
                  Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Bluzrover
                    Bluzrover commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Austin had one unbelievable sit down and shut up 3 at the end of the shot clock. It was a prayer, but he nailed it and I'm sure it deflated the cowpokes even more.

• ShockdaWorld
                    ShockdaWorld commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't think for Austin it was a prayer. Granted, I'm sure it's not a shot they'd draw up to shoot with 20 seconds left on the shot clock, but I'd also be willing to bet it's a shot he's been practicing for years.

• Great game in the second half. OSU plays the passing lane way too much and get way too close up on defenders. Shockers rrealized in the 2nd half to drive the lane when they got up on the ball. I'd like to see Conner play up closer to the ball handler rather than staying so far off allowing the outside shot to be uncontested. Players also need to know the ball handlers tendancy to drive either left or right and cheat on that side. Ready for OU next Saturday.

Comment

• It probably was posted on Shockernet and I either just missed it or I have forgotten it but I was not aware that former Shocker star John Cooper is on the OSU coaching staff.

Comment

• Gottlieb -- still a Shocker hater.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• wufan
                        wufan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        @FakeGreggMarshall asks, “Where’s my credit card?”

• I wish I would have been able to attend the game today, for many reasons, but mostly to say hey to Coop. They don't grow 'em a lot better than John Cooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                        Gottlieb -- still a Shocker hater.
                        I'm sure he thinks Pokes would have won if he were coach....
                        Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Working...
                        X