No announcement yet.

WSU at OSU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma State just dismissed 2 players for failing to meet standards .... Why does this happen every year to our Non-Con?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Oklahoma State just dismissed 2 players for failing to meet standards .... Why does this happen every year to our Non-Con?
      They haven't been playing much, if it at all, so that might not impact the Pokes too much. But yes I agree, seems like we always find injuries or transfers with our schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Oklahoma State just dismissed 2 players for failing to meet standards .... Why does this happen every year to our Non-Con?
        Not only that, but it always seems to happen after we play them at full strength. It's strange. I suppose if I looked at enough other schedules I might find it wasn't that uncommon and we have been/are just more reliant on our non-con working out.

We may actually be catching a break this year for a change with Baylor.

Comment

• The one I recall the most didn't happen in non-con. Cauley-Stein defended a VanVleet 3-point attempt at the buzzer and then never played another game in the tourney that year.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• WuDrWu
            WuDrWu commented
            Editing a comment
            8 of 10 starters in that game suited up in the NBA, most still do. In total, 10 of 17 players in the game. #Strong #NicejobNCAA

• Cdizzle
            Cdizzle commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow. I hadn't put that together.

• Look on the bright side. Our guys will be better down the stretch having played against the best Oklahoma State had to throw against us.

Were we ranked somewhere in the high 20's or low 30's, hopping to make it into the top 25, and still in the Valley, I'd be concerned.

BUT WE ARE #3 IN THE NATION! Repeat: WE ARE #3 IN THE NATION, and that is not going to change one bit because two of their players have been dismissed. We have some very respected schools to beat ahead of us and all we need to do is to continue to play at our high level. And we don't have to win every game, although it would be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            The one I recall the most didn't happen in non-con. Cauley-Stein defended a VanVleet 3-point attempt at the buzzer and then never played another game in the tourney that year.
            Ugh. They marched all the way to the title game, and did it without an NBA center. They needed every break they could to get by us. I hate that game.

Comment

Working...
            X