Official Beer of the Shockers to Debut on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Beer of the Shockers to Debut on Saturday

Kudos to Kyle Bannick. Hopefully it will prove to be a hit. Most WBC's stuff is pretty good.
    WICHITA, Kan. -- Shocker fans will soon have a new adult beverage of choice when toasting their team's success. Wichita Brewing Company and Wichita State Athletics are teaming up to introduce "WuShock Wheat" – the new official beer of the Shockers.

Yes!

This needs to be available in Denver.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Chubs
      Chubs commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck finding it among all the Colorado microbrews. I love living in Denver.

• Rocky Mountain Shock
      Rocky Mountain Shock commented
      Editing a comment
      If/when it gets here, trust me, I will find it.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Kudos to Kyle Bannick. Hopefully it will prove to be a hit. Most WBC's stuff is pretty good.
    WBC's Belgian Dubbel is o.u.t.s.t.a.n.d.i.n.g.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
      Downtown Shocker Brown commented
      Editing a comment
      So is the English Mild! Off the Beer Engine... drink it right!

In this early brew, the first half of the can is atrociously bad; boarderline undrinkable... the second half finishes much stronger, rewarding the drinker with a symphony of robust flavors.

Comment

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha ... clever!

I'm conflicted . It's a WSU beer. But the owner of WBC is a horrible person that shouldn't be supported.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      I'm conflicted . It's a WSU beer. But the owner of WBC is a horrible person that shouldn't be supported.
      ?

Kyle Bannick is a horrible person?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

?

??

I'm with Fev.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

?

Well .. one of them .. Greg

Comment

Well .. one of them .. Greg
            Not that I want you to spell it out as this isn't the place. Neither is it the place for casting accusations without substance. In other words, maybe this just wasn't the place.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Not that I want you to spell it out as this isn't the place. Neither is it the place for casting accusations without substance. In other words, maybe this just wasn't the place.
              Eh.. people have free choice to do what they want with the info. I agree I'm not going to go into all the details on here. Ill stick by my statement and vowed to never support them.

Comment

I'll give it a try once it makes it to the liquor stores. Some portion of the money will make it back to WSU and I'll be drinking beer anyway. Hope they have bottles too.

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
                  I'll give it a try once it makes it to the liquor stores. Some portion of the money will make it back to WSU and I'll be drinking beer anyway. Hope they have bottles too.
                  I don't know much more than I have read about this beer but I doubt it ever makes it to a broad distribution. Many of the local brewers are now brewing, or at least labeling, one of their beers in the name of local businesses or even proprietors. Usually these are sold only by the keg for on-tap sales.

Comment

• Zardoz
                    Zardoz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I heard on the news that it'll make it to some liquor stores in about three weeks.

• WheatShock
                    WheatShock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I asked about it last night at my local store in Valley Center. They're expecting it in about two weeks.

I need this in my life. How do i get a case to AK?
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

If anyone knows how to get ahold of decision makers at WBC, send me a pm.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• ShockerEngr
                      ShockerEngr commented
                      Editing a comment
                      There is a contact form on their website wichitabrew.com or through Twitter or Facebook

So did anyone make it by one of the WBC locations today and sample the WuShock Wheat.

Comment

Working...
                    X