Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Draft Projection

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...leads-the-pack

HIlarious in a way... They have Shamet projected to go 31st to the Knicks. I suppose it wouldn't be out of the question but hopefully he will get in to the first round instead. The Knicks have been a lot better team than expected but I still don't like how Ron is being treated. I guess it isn't too bad sitting on a bench as a multi-millionaire but Fred is being developed better.
    Last edited by Windiwu; December 7, 2017, 12:09 PM. Reason: corrected spelling

I really hope Landry can avoid New York and get a better organization to snag him. I think he’s better than so many of those PGs listed in that article, it’d be crazy if he fell to 31.

Comment

Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...leads-the-pack

HIlarious in a way... They have Shamet projected to go 31st to the Knicks. I suppose it wouldn't be out of the question but hopefully he will get in to the first round instead. The Knicks have been a lot better team than expected but I still don't like how Ron is being treated. I guess it isn't too bad sitting on a bench as a multi-millionaire but Fred is being developed better.
      It's really a win-win either way. If Shamet really jumps up the ladder and becomes a sure-fire lottery pick, that makes our program look better. If he's projected at 31 or later, he's coming back next year.

The only scenario that is dangerous is a Cle type situation where he is projected to go mid-first round, he goes this year, and drops into the second round. That's a losing situation for everyone involved. I guess except for the team that snags him.

Comment

If Landry is as good as we think he is, guaranteed money would be a fraction of his lifetime earnings. Though it's important to get, because who knows what life can throw at you.....
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I think Landry fits very well in the changing landscape of today’s NBA. He has the size/skill to legitimately play/defend the 1 and 2 in what is becoming “postionless” and “selfless” basketball (see Warriors, Spurs, etc). I would hope your smart GMs would recognize that Shamet is thriving in that role at Wichita State and draft him accordingly .

Comment

Originally posted by Slykryck View Post
            I think Landry fits very well in the changing landscape of today’s NBA. He has the size/skill to legitimately play/defend the 1 and 2 in what is becoming “postionless” and “selfless” basketball (see Warriors, Spurs, etc). I would hope your smart GMs would recognize that Shamet is thriving in that role at Wichita State and draft him accordingly .
            Watched the 'replay' of Tuesday nights game; Landry made some great plays down the stretch.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Watched the 'replay' of Tuesday nights game; Landry made some great plays down the stretch.
              The look on Landry's face as he drove the lane at the beginning of the second half, he was NOT going to let the Shockers lose that game.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Yeah, I don't see him leaving next spring without the first-round guarantee

Comment

I would like to see landry play in SA or phoenix
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

If he’s projected borderline first round now he’s gonna be projected lottery after he clowns future lottery picks in March.

Comment

Before anybody goes off half-cocked acting like Landry is the best player on this team, we all need to take a step back and notice that Brycen Bush is currently shooting 100% from 3 on the season.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                        1972Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nothing half-cocked with this observation. If ever there was one on Shockernet this obesrvartion is undoubtedly full-cocked. :-)

• ShockCrazy
                        ShockCrazy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I see your Brycen Bush 100% 3 point shooting and raise you a 200 O-Rating Jacob Herrs. When he finishes a possession we score 2 points, nuff said.

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                      If he’s projected borderline first round now he’s gonna be projected lottery after he clowns future lottery picks in March.
                      YES PLEASE! I wanna see him embarrass in March. I wanna see a slaughter.

Comment

#46 on this one updated today. http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/stor...rs-new-top-100

Comment

If he stays around there in projections, he’s coming back.
                          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                            Agreed, I was going to post this verbatim. This may be the last year of Shamet, my fellow Shocks. Enjoy it while we can!

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                              WSUwatcher commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Certainly possible, Root -- but there's no way he's going to be projected higher than Miles Bridges was coming into this season, and we can all see whose colors Bridges is still wearing at this point. So no need to jump the gun. Enjoy it, by all means, but leave the contingency planning to the ggguy who gets paid the big bucks to do it. He and his staff can handle it.
                          Working...
                          X