Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allowing 14 made three pointers and while shooting nearly 50% from there...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

This is almost as bad a take as "not wanting to look ahead as fans".

It's a fan message board for goodness sakes. it's fun to have these conversations and debate basketball strategy. Though in this case, I think the answer was pretty straight forward.
    I agree with your premise. "Not wanting to look ahead as fans" is such an annoying saying. We can do whatever we want...we're not playing!

But yes, the answer was straight forward in this case. Sometimes the second-guessing 3G is fair, but a vast majority of the time he knows what he's doing.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

The Shocks should have had a better game plan to start with. Once they switched to the press and to swithing on ALL screerns. 3G essentially said that in his post game comments. Should they have made those changes earlier in the game. Maybe, but the bottom line is they made them soon enought to win the game.

I think SDS will do fine in Summit League play but what the Shocks pretty much did was provide teams a blueprint on how not to play SDS and also how to play SDS.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        The Shocks should have had a better game plan to start with. Once they switched to the press and to swithing on ALL screerns. 3G essentially said that in his post game comments. Should they have made those changes earlier in the game. Maybe, but the bottom line is they made them soon enought to win the game.

I think SDS will do fine in Summit League play but what the Shocks pretty much did was provide teams a blueprint on how not to play SDS and also how to play SDS.
        I heard Marshall say that they simplified the plan because it was too complex for them to execute on when to switch. Obviously the change worked, but I’m guessing that they been able to execute the original game plan, that would have gone better.
        Livin the dream

Comment

It worked for a short time to switch a Conner Franksmp (6'0) to guard Daum(6'9) with Shaq guarding Conners man. It stopped the open 3 point shots that were e killing us. If we would have switched the whole game like that SDSU would have made adjustments and hurt us with the size differential and hurt us inside. As it turned out for the short time, SDSU never made the adjustment.

Comment

One of the great things about 3G is that he typically makes really good halftime adjustments. He recognized the initial plan wasn’t working and he fixed it on the fly.

Comment

And we won. I’ll take that option every time.

Comment

Working...
              X