No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Oklahoma State Predictions and Pregame Disussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prediction: Shox look the best they have all year, cruise to a 83-67 victory.

Comment

I bet 3G has last years game running on a loop in the locker room.

Fairmount College 88
      Oklahoma A&M 72
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaqness View Post

I'm sure we drew up all those plays for ZB and RK three's? That's just one example. We didn't post up once in the 5 defensive stops we got in the second half of SDSU, despite Shaq putting the team on his back. That's two. Include Jones not running an offense in his previous games. That's three.

You've been triggered. That's your fault. I was only meaning to say that the team isn't playing organized, and that we are relying much more on star power. LS dominated on plays specifically designed for him. Same for Shaq.
        We were so unorganized all night that Zach Brown got free for a dunk to tie the game.
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

You know what this thread really needs? A companion thread with a poll so illiterate people can also see the predictions. If only we had a resident DOFO to set that up...
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• ShockerPhi
            ShockerPhi commented
            Editing a comment
            Never mind.

Originally posted by shockem#78-65 View Post
          After seeing what has happened the last two nights in college basketball, I bet Marshall is making a point that every game matters and not to overlook any opponent. Shocks about to come out and play like the hungry hyenas they are!
          Whats happened the last couple nights? No.

Marshall I guarantee has pounded the guys with 93-76 all week. As far as I can recall, the worst loss outside his first year here. Trust me, what else is going on in CBB is not as important as what happened last year.

Comment

Play tough relentless defense from the opening tip. Can't allow them to gain confidence like
            Washington did last night and SDSU did. Take care of the ball and rebound. Don't take them
            lightly ! Shocks in another tough game but win 83-76.

Comment

LOL, $10 tickets and free beer. 'Power Conference', indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaqness View Post
                Our team looks and plays unorganized. Luckily we have star power to mop up.

Shockers by 4. Landy Shamet scores 19 points. Shaq scores 15.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Wheat men 87
                  Cowboys 71

Our defense will come through in the second half while our offense steadily chugs along the entire game for a well executed, comfortable, confidence building victory that's called a "dismantling" by the press.

Comment

Hard to put up a big score against a good team on the road. Defense wins out, Shox 74, Cowboys 68

Comment

The Cowboys 7 wins are against teams with a combined 13 - 43 record. The lone quality opponent they faced, they lost by 17. GIA is a very tough place to play, much, much tougher than Baylor's home court so they have that going for them. A&M beat the Cowboys by 17 on a neutral court, since we're at their place, I say we win by 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                        The Cowboys 7 wins are against teams with a combined 13 - 43 record. The lone quality opponent they faced, they lost by 17. GIA is a very tough place to play, much, much tougher than Baylor's home court so they have that going for them. A&M beat the Cowboys by 17 on a neutral court, since we're at their place, I say we win by 9.
                        Depending on how many Shocker fans show up it may be a lot closer to a neutral court game. There are still plenty of tickets available so if the 2500+ Shocker fans i'm expecting show up we may not even be outnumbered 2-1.
                        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Hard to put up a big score against a good team on the road. Defense wins out, Shox 74, Cowboys 68
                          Agreed, but I have a hunch on this one. Big numbers for the Shox, with a strong first half from the Cowboys to bolster their point total.

Comment

"5 keys to the game: Oklahoma State vs. Wichita State" - SB*Nation
                            Let’s talk about what the Cowboys need to do to pull off the upset.

By micah_allen
                            Dec 7, 2017, 1:30pm CST

"The pokes take on what will be their toughest opponent yet in Gallagher- Iba Arena when the No.6 Wichita State Shockers head into Stillwater. I’ve put together a list of five things the Cowboys have to do in order to send the Shockers out with a loss.

1. Mitch has to stay out of foul trouble
                            Mitchell Solomon has been a great big man for the Pokes this year. And one big change I’ve noticed is he’s cut the amount of fouls down considerably....

2. Jeffrey Carroll for 3
                            It’s gonna be key that he’s smart about the shots he takes. He’s gonna need to be accurate from the 3-point line and make some shots....

3. Guard Shaquille Morris
                            He’s gonna have to have someone knowing where he’s at on the court at all time. If at all possible double teaming him. I wasn’t super familiar with him but after hearing some of the other writers in Slack chat, he’s gonna be a thorn in the Cowboys’ side all day....

4. Be aggressive on offense
                            This has been a really aggressive team on defense, but they’ve looked really tired and out of energy on offense at times. With the way the Shockers have been playing they’re gonna have to find a way to be amped up and ready to play all game....

5. Rowdy fans
                            This has been a really hot topic recently that a lot of people have been talking about. GIA has been really quiet the past few games. That’s gonna have to change...."

Comment

Other than A&M the Pokes haven't really been challenged. Why has Carroll been coming off the bench?

It's gonna be a tough game I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X