WSU Versus Oklahoma State Predictions and Pregame Disussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Oklahoma State Predictions and Pregame Disussions

Here's the deal. Once upon a time, a rootin-tootin group of StillWata Cowpokes came straight from the DudeDropin by the creek, then blazing into IBA near Cowtown. That very day, these Cowboys were shooting 'laser accurate shots' all over the hardwood, and their reserves even outscored ours 42-22 and won 93-76 which is harder than pulling hens teeth in these here parts. Gone from that team is Jawun (I couldn't miss that day) Evans and Phil (hold the fort) Forte along with their Coach Brad (over the) Underwood who landed at Illinois. Returning from that team though is Jeffrey (Hark the) Carroll who had 22 points off the bench in that game. The Cowboys are 7-1 with a loss to Texas A&M 72-55 and a notable win over Pitt 73-67. OSU is now coached by Mike (Man) Boynton and are tough to beat at their barn. I do thank them along with Baylor and Oklahoma for this Big 12 Challenge and embellish such solid series. After we play them all, I hope they do great.

It took about a year, but our beloved Shocks are assembling a posse, heading south for the "Shootout at the Roaring River ( formally called Stillwater until the Shocks showed up) Corral with an play angry, smash-mouth inside game. This will not a 'one trick pony strategy' either, because our bench will not let their bench have such luck this time and our D-Fence will be solid even if the Cowboys shoot like the Jackrabbits did tonight, but who does that? How do we think this story will end? Cowboy pain and Shocker gain as we get black and yellow reckoning, I reckon, with a 7 point surpass win.

How do we do it? Shaq and committee first inside and #11 and #33 on the outside with a serious twist of stellar D-Fence by our stopper Z.(on you like a cheap suit) Brown on Jeffrey Carroll, slowing him down to a mild roar. We hope that quick-draw Shaq floats and stays out of foul trouble and on the hardwood, because he can really lead us inside to this needed win. After the smoke clears and the rematch ends, the Shocks hope to ride off into the sunset, back to Doodah, ready to reload, and prepare for more gunslingers that will come looking for them soon, very soon.

The Prince McJunkins/ A. Reaves 79

Barry Sanders/ T. Reeves------------72
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Been to several high profile games at Gallagher-Iba arena when I had some buddies in school at OSU. When it is rocking, there's not many, if any, louder arenas in the country. Big test, which could be bigger depending on how many OSU fans decide to show-up. I'm doubtful it'll be a full house though.

The OSU team did not look great against A&M when I watched them earlier. They have some athletes, some tall guys, and Jeffrey Carroll. If the shockers guard the three point line, keep OSU off the FT line, and rebound, then they have a great shot.

Feed Shaq, find conner in transition, and space the floor around Landry.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Coop 84
      Byron Houston 77

Comment

Oklahoma State picked to finish last in Big-12, don't think WSU will have any trouble.

Comment

• pogo
          pogo commented
          Editing a comment
          Then they should be twelfth. Right?

That reminds me. Athlon picks them to finish 9th while Street & Smith along with Lindy's picked them 10th.

Comment

KenPom #49. We should win, but these are no slouches.

Comment

They slapped us around last year. Haven't seen them this year, but I will settle for any road win.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by wichita View Post
              Oklahoma State picked to finish last in Big-12, don't think WSU will have any trouble.
              Thanks KU fan for the valuable input.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                Let's see how the dirty birds do in Waco. Should be no problem for them.

• Kung Wu
                Kung Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                Dang this comment system needs a Like button. +1 WuDrWu.

i don't want to jinx this but I really think the boys come out full of piss and vinegar for this and return the beat down this year. I wish Underwood was still there to experience it. Any road win is sweet but one by 20 is sweeter.

Comment

I think the team we saw vs Baylor will show up again. I hope so; Oklahoma State is a good team even if they end up near the bottom of the Big 12; that conference is a meat grinder this year and we picked a great year to pick up 3 games against them.

I know Marshall and the players will vehemently deny looking past SDSU towards this rematch, but I think that happened at least a little bit. I think they'll come out prepared, focused, and hungry. Not confident on predicting a score, but I think our key is keeping control of the ball. Last year both teams turned the ball over a lot, but Oklahoma State did a good job getting back on transition and got a big advantage from our 15 throwaways. If we can keep our head in the game and get Shaq involved we have the guns and the defense to win this one.

Comment

In the IBA first and only Shocker loss so far there ever, Willis had 24 points and 13-rb, Duff had 14 points and 6 rb, and Z. Brown had 10 points and 6 rbs.

Comment

Shocks - 82
                    The enemy - 75

Comment

78 to 73 Shox!
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I also predict our own A. Reaves will outscore their T. Reeves.

Comment

Hopefully South Dakota St. taught us how to defend the 3 pt line. I don't wanna see one of their players going off like I've seen in too many games already this year. Take care of business on defense and we should win this battle.

Shockers - 85
                          Pokies - 73

Comment

Working...
                          X