WSU Versus South Dakota State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus South Dakota State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. We defeat the Baylor Bears on the cold and lonely road as SDSU (7-2) plays tonight versus the Mo. State Bears before playing us next Tuesday at Koch Arena. This game does mean jack if we improve as a team against a team that has already has notable wins versus Iowa and Ole Miss. and is 7-2. Their 2 losses were at KU 98-64 and Wyoming 77-65. The Jackrabbits play in the Summit and were 18-17 last Season. They have busted Big Dance moves 4 of the last 6 Seasons including last Season but ran into a snag with the Zags 66-46. Lindy's pick SDSU to win the Summit and Atlon and Street & Smith picked them 2nd. We defeated SDSU last Season 89-67 and were led by Duff with 22 points and LS with 17. Shaqs name did not show in that box-score so he must not have played? An interesting note of this game was both benches scored 24 points but will will really surpass them this Season in that category.

Their best player who was POY in the Summit last Season and will repeat that feat again IMO is 6'9" Mike (Ding Dong) Daum. Four other key players and Reed (go tell it on Mt. Rushmore) Tellinghuisen, Davis (Jinx) Jenkins, Chris (Thurston the 3rd) Howell, and Dallas (who shot JR) Polk-(salad annie) Hilliard, and they are coached by TJ (where's the beef) Otzelberger.

The Shocks play this interlude game before resuming game 2 and 3 of the Big 12 Challenge. So let's hop right to analyzing what to expect in this here game. Why did the energizer jackrabbit cross the road at 21st. and Hillside? Because no IHop was to be found. What happened then to the energizer jackrabbit? It was arrested for battery and probable cause of being Shocked and assaulted legally and defensively on the hardwood. Look for the Shocks to be hitting full throttle on all cylinders putting together as close to 40 minutes of play angry basketball as we have seen all Season. Yes, SDSU has a solid squad, but at our barn, we dangle carrots for the purpose of winning games. Look for LS and Shaq to lead the way.

Mt. Shaqmore---100

Mt. Rushmore----61

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Close for 8-12 minutes. Shocks 84-64. Bench comes in real early.

Comment

Shox by 30
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

a trap game............but we still win

Comment

Jackrabbits are a solid team. Ranked 100 in Kenpom, so pretty similar to College of Charleston. We should win handily, but it probably won't be a curb stomping.

Shockers - 91
          Bunnies - 69

Comment

Mike Daum is for real. Need to win, but they will hang close for abit.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I'd like to see this game be a chance for WSU to limit TO's. These guys have got to prove to themselves that running an offense and being patient will get them a bucket. If not, we can just watch the Jones show for 20minutes.

Comment

Missouri State took them down today 73-53 in Springfield. Bears have been inconsistent this year.

Edit: Oops - not in SpringPatch.
                Last edited by Aargh; December 2, 2017, 11:18 PM.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  Missouri State took them down today 73-53 in Springfield. Bears have been inconsistent this year.
                  The game was at the Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls where we beat Memphis, so it was basically a home game for SDSU.

Comment

• ROOT ANGRY!
                    ROOT ANGRY! commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And CJ Keyser

Hopefully 3G can find some minutes for A.M. in this game.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Cold 88
                    ​​​​​​Colder 60

Comment

Shocks 92
                      Jackrabbits 67

Daum will get his points but our frontline will dominate theirs.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

"Mt. Shaqmore" hahahaha
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Shaqness View Post
                          I'd like to see this game be a chance for WSU to limit TO's. These guys have got to prove to themselves that running an offense and being patient will get them a bucket. If not, we can just watch the Jones show for 20minutes.
                          I realize that SHJ is still adjusting to playing higher end D-I teams. However, he does not just jack-up shots. Currently, he is tied for 3rd in assists, 1st in assists per minute, and 2nd in A/TO at 4.5/1. He's only been in Marshall's offensive system a very short while, did not play much point last year, and we'll see how much and how quickly he is able to adjust to playing good D-I defense.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                            ShockingButTrue commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Agreed. His playing time seems to parallel Ragland's his first season with the Shockers, excluding March, as of right now.

102 to 68 Shoxs! in a close one
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                          X