• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      Chances he plays on Saturday?
      Zero. We'll be fortunate to see him play more than 8-12 mins in the FGCU game on the 22nd (which, BTW, is the end of the "two weeks" he tweeted recently.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post

Looks like I'll be getting you new underwear as a gift at the Shockernet Christmas Party.
        BVD's, please.

Comment

Just by the look of that video posted, he looks AT LEAST two weeks out.

Comment

Slim to none I would think.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I can see him taking a lot longer to hit his stride than Landry did. But who knows. These stress fractures in the foot scare the crap out of me. This is the same injury that basically kept Joel Embid out for 2 seasons and destroyed Bill Walton's career. Granted, those are much bigger players and their fractures were probably worse, but I've got my fingers crossed for Markis. If they are letting him play, you have to trust the doctors know what they're doing.
              Last edited by Zubcut; December 12, 2017, 05:19 PM.

Comment

If SHJ can't play, we don't have enough guys

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  If SHJ can't play, we don't have enough guys
                  How so?

Comment

Meh. We only really had three guards + G/F Nick Wiggins in 2014. We'll be fine if he's out.

Certainly concerning as a health matter though. Hope SHJ is okay, for his sake.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I'm not going to lie, it doesn't really feel like we've missed Mcduffie. He adds allot to what we have, but I haven't felt like WSU has specifically missed his contributions. We're still killing the boards, our dominance in paint scoring has been good when we used it. If anything, were missing his shooting from the perimeter and attack in transition. It's kinda sad in a way that we've had great success without him. Yes, he was our leading scorer, but it's not like we've been dead in the water without him. This year is going to be amazing with the team we have. Not everyone can say they'll be a great team without their leading bucket getter.

But look the eff out when he's back to form in March. I really believe has what it takes to win it all this year.

Comment

The defense needs to get better. McDuffie adds a TON to the defensive depth and versatility.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          The defense needs to get better. McDuffie adds a TON to the defensive depth and versatility.
                          Agreed. Z. Brown isn't the only forward on this team that can D point guards effectively.

Defense wins championships, and Mac is a very willing, and able, defender.

Comment

Markis adds another good defensive player. Markis is a big man capable of taking the ball from the outside to the hoop. Markis is one of the team leaders. Big positive in an already positive situation.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

MM is an overall upgrade of ZB/RK. Again, those are just facts. So indeed, MM is missed and will make the team better when he gets back.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                MM is an overall upgrade of ZB/RK. Again, those are just facts. So indeed, MM is missed and will make the team better when he gets back.
                                I completely agree. I feel that MM combines the defense, rebounding and energy of RB/ZB with a much higher offensive ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X