Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Are people really freaking out about this loss?

We lost by 1.

To a team that will most likely get to the Sweet 16 or the Elite 8

AND we were without our best or 2nd best player, depending on how you view Shamet and McDuffie.

This will not be held against us.

This loss doesn't matter whatsoever.

Sure, it's disappointing, but it's not like we just blew a game at home against Evansville. We lost to a top 15 team at a neutral site. It basically doesn't count.

If we even drop outside of the top 10 I'll be amazed.

Comment

• Galichia has a friendly staff. That’s all I have to say about that.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• we pissed away a game we should have won

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            we pissed away a game we should have won
            We choked angry!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
              Are people really freaking out about this loss?

We lost by 1.

AND we were without our best or 2nd best player, depending on how you view Shamet and McDuffie.

Sure, it's disappointing, but it's not like we just blew a game at home against Evansville. We lost to a top 15 team at a neutral site. It basically doesn't count.

It has zero to do with losing to an excellent ND team...it was the fashion in which the loss occurred which myself and others have adequately described. We gave it away...period. Still love these players and coaches, Still should be a special year, but special teams don't piss down their leg more than what we have already done.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

It has zero to do with losing to an excellent ND team...it was the fashion in which the loss occurred which myself and others have adequately described. We gave it away...period. Still love these players and coaches, Still should be a special year, but special teams don't piss down their leg more than what we have already done.
                That is crap. The end of the game was a disappointment and we did give it away, sure. But our most “special” team in history gave a game away...to SIU. Plenty of time to redeem.

Comment

• I hate to say it but I think those team is very over confident and it’s gonna come back to hurt them more than just last night. I see shades of the 2006-2007 team that got way too big for their britches after a few decent victories and didn’t even finish above .500.
                  "You need to be standing on his toes when he's catching the ball. He's that good."- Gregg Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Brother Dan View Post
                    I hate to say it but I think those team is very over confident and it’s gonna come back to hurt them more than just last night. I see shades of the 2006-2007 team that got way too big for their britches after a few decent victories and didn’t even finish above .500.
                    LMAO Are you f-ing serious??? Not even COMPARABLE!!!!

Good Lord some of you drama queens are overreacting just a tad. Must not have been around in the 90's. You would have never made it through sane.....

Getting a little ridiculous
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• BOBB
                      BOBB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The trolls are out in force

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I thought he stepped out too
                    Watching the replay I think you guys were right. It looks like Farrell's foot touches the line after the steal from Austin. Too bad the refs didn't call it that way at the time or at least review the play.

Comment

• One last post on this thread for me (I hope), but over the last 4 games, have we played a solid 30 minutes in any of those games? Maybe a couple of those we barely had a solid 20 minutes. Every team has its so-so game here and there or 10-15 minutes of underwhelming play on occasions, but there has been a tread over the last 4 games (all better teams than total pushovers). I find this very odd given we have almost everyone back and there should not be a "learning curve" of getting use to new starters or first off the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                        Are people really freaking out about this loss?

We lost by 1.

THIS! I was hopeful that we could beat ND without MM but really didn't expect it. ND is one of the best teams in the country. We proved yesterday that we were as good as them even without MM or a 100% Shamet. We are NOT going to win every game. This is a quality loss. Yes I was very disappointed the way it ended. We have many great games ahead of us and I am looking forward to this awesome season. GO SHOCKS!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          1. Brey is a really smart coach.

2. I need to get over this.

3. With ten minutes to go, we all knew we were in trouble.

4. Good to see Kelly get some recognition.

5. I think we are a better team.

6. Dunno why anybody would ever play us man-to-man.

7. If anybody has to wear this, it's Shaq, not Reaves.

8. We will drop ten spots, I bet.

9. Coach should used a TO, no doubt. Calm everybody down.

10. Press a little, even on tired legs.

11. Damn. I'm gonna go have some turkey.
                          It's funny you said we're gonna drop 10 spots and then in the very next point you tell everybody to calm down. lol.

Talk about an overreaction.

We'll still be in the Top 10 next Monday... I BET.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Brother Dan View Post
                            I hate to say it but I think those team is very over confident and it’s gonna come back to hurt them more than just last night. I see shades of the 2006-2007 team that got way too big for their britches after a few decent victories and didn’t even finish above .500.
                            Get this POS out of here please.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• AFTER the ND loss, Ken Pomeroy's rating has the Shockers at #3! https://kenpom.com

Comment

Working...
                              X