Shockers v Notre Dame Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KSUUWSU View Post
    This is on Gregg. I have nothing but respect for him. But this is on the coach. Players get "Angry" because you failed to execute and you failed your Nation. Reset and enjoy your top 20 ranking and not top 10 because the media hates you.
    You only post when WSU loses and always blames Gregg and the lack of "angriness".

Obvious troll is obvious.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• KSUUWSU
      KSUUWSU commented
      Editing a comment
      Troll...really? That's all you got? Big surprise A-hole. I've been a season ticket holder for 15 years..assss. 3G knows when its on him. Troll yourself. Assss.

• KSUUWSU
      KSUUWSU commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you one of the silvered haired warriors that clap for a few minutes before sitting down at home games? I bring it every game for our Shox, so stick your troll opinion up your acceptance. I know know 3G and he'd agree.

• KSUUWSU
      KSUUWSU commented
      Editing a comment
      Where are you at? Type on your key board and run? Our guys and Coach know what happened tonight. We always lose the big games. Think about it and let it fester.

• I think we'll drop to 11-12 range. They'll actually give us respect for no McDuffie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

He said the next TOUGH opponent. Sav ST is not a tough opponent.
      Yay
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

You only post when WSU loses and always blames Gregg and the lack of "angriness".

Obvious troll is obvious.
        But a lot of what he said was true.

Comment

• Coach Marshall did have a positive outlook after this tough loss. We won't lose many this Season and no team will go undefeated. While tonight was a heartbreaker, I am glad it was against a ranked team rather than Cal.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I am tired of settling on 3 point shots when the other team plays zone. Every zone can be exploited but we just pass the ball around and settle on jump shots

Comment

• That sucked. But it's not the end of the world. We'll lose another couple of games too. But we still have as good of a chance as any to win 6 games in a row in March and April.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Notre Dame plays just like us. Tough team...excellent coach...just like ours. Everyone please chill. They are very good and that was a statement game for them as well. Cough cough...ummmm......congratulations Notre Dame. See you in the Final Four with our best player back!!!! Man... that was a war.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Really can't believe wsu let that get away. Just fundamentals. And can someone please teach them how to attack a zone with mid-range jumpers? Horrible second half, way too timid. Shaq has to be smarter....
                  trying to remember that McDuffie still isn't back.
                  Gut punch loss, but great wins await.

Comment

• I think this was one of the games that our earlier polls didn't feel we would win but I don't think any of us expected it to be nearly so dramatic and such a let down. I doubt we drop too bad in the polls but I also think they'll be back up there soonish. Betcha the coaches have several refresher courses tween now and Dec 2 on zone offense.

Comment

• Tough team loss. You go scoreless for over 5 minutes in the last 10 of the game and that's on the team, not any individual.

Comment

• The loss itself wasn't completely unexpected or shocking. However, building up a 16 point lead, leading basically the whole way, and then turning the ball over in crunch time with a chance to basically seal it is what makes it frustrating. It was a win. We were the better team. We gave it away. ND took the gift.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
                          I think this was one of the games that our earlier polls didn't feel we would win but I don't think any of us expected it to be nearly so dramatic and such a let down. I doubt we drop too bad in the polls but I also think they'll be back up there soonish. Betcha the coaches have several refresher courses tween now and Dec 2 on zone offense.
                          Hate to be the fly in the ointment, but what makes you think that? We have struggled against quality zones for a long time. I guess Baylor will tell us a lot, but at this point I expect us to struggle against a quality zone.
                          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Windiwu
                            Windiwu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yes, I do recall the ISUr game at their place last year but I also recall the beatdown they got at Koch against the same zone. So it's not like they can't learn how to deal with this. On that one I think Marshall designed a tricksy go around that I'm not smart enough to explain.

• I honestly thought we’d lose 1 game in Maui. It’s just frustrating when you have the game in your grasp and watch the team clam up like they did. Hope we can learn from it and get better.

Comment

• Disappointed at the missed opportunity but this is big boy basketball. We will likely have a couple more like this over the course of the year. However, we will be so much more battle-tested for March than we’ve been recently that it isn’t funny. Get Markis healthy, and this team will be hitting another gear...and they’re still pretty good now.

Enjoy the rest of your Maui stay and have safe travels coming home, Shocker Nation. We’ll see you back in the 316.
                            78-65

Comment

Working...
                            X