No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Notre Dame (Maui) Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it might be pertinent to mention that wichita state was also favored in the 2015 sweet sixteen matchup with notre dame.

but the irish came out RED HOT, 'shockers scrapped, took the lead in the second half and then the irish got RED HOT again. hopefully, the irish will be a bit more down to earth today (even if brey does coach the best team offense, year in and year out, in the country imo).

having said that, i almost forgot my prediction:

robert elmore- 79
    john shumate- 75
    Last edited by another shocker; November 22, 2017, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Speaking of Colsen, he is currently sitting #3 in Kenpom's PoY standings. Our own Shaq Morris is sitting at #4, the only Wichita State player I can think of to make the top 10 list. I'll also note that on that same page Ria'n Holland leads the NCAA in game MVPs, having led his team in 4 of 6 games.

I'd like to see Shaq have a statement game and take that #3 spot from Colsen. He's played well all this year, but this game may reach the most eyes of any game we play all year. Two ranked teams competing for a tournament championship and possibly for top 10 spot in the polls, with a revenge storyline and individual performances to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
        Speaking of Colsen, he is currently sitting #3 in Kenpom's PoY standings. Our own Shaq Morris is sitting at #4, the only Wichita State player I can think of to make the top 10 list. I'll also note that on that same page Ria'n Holland leads the NCAA in game MVPs, having led his team in 4 of 6 games.

I'd like to see Shaq have a statement game and take that #3 spot from Colsen. He's played well all this year, but this game may reach the most eyes of any game we play all year. Two ranked teams competing for a tournament championship and possibly for top 10 spot in the polls, with a revenge storyline and individual performances to watch.
        Please don't take this wrong, but I could care less about individual statistical warfare I just want our team to beat ND!

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

Not to be “well actually” guy. But Cle finished the undefeated season #8 in the kPOY rankings

Comment

• CBB_Fan
            CBB_Fan commented
            Editing a comment
            They say the fastest way to find the correct answer on the internet is to post the wrong answer. Glad to see that was the case.

Shox

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Please don't take this wrong, but I could care less about individual statistical warfare I just want our team to beat ND!
            I get you. A dominant Shaq means nothing if we lose tonight. But I don't think we lose if Shaq plays as well as he can; his ability to take over a game may be as good as any Marshall player.

Comment

Did ND play Chaminade for their first game?
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

ND hasn't seen hair on fire defense like I'm positive 3G will demand from start to finish. Shocks with another 10-15 point victory!

Comment

Btw chaminade is up 29-22 at 8 minutes in 1st half on cal

Comment

don't be surprised if midtgaard gets some minutes tonight. notre dame richly deserves a wrench thrown right back at them. will it stick?
                    Last edited by another shocker; November 22, 2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Did ND play Chaminade for their first game?
                      Yes they did. I think the score was 83-56. Closer than the LSU game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jelloshock View Post
                        Anyone know of a good place in the Plano TX area to watch the game?
                        Honestly though, there are plenty of decent sports bars to watch the game as long as they will turn it on.

Brix in downtown Plano
                        Austin Avenue
                        End Zone
                        Tailgaters
                        Wing Daddy's
                        The Franchise
                        Brick House
                        Chips Burgers

Some are better than others, but all are options. There are more, but these are the ones off the top of my head.

I have lived here for 1 1/2 years but haven't been able to try some of those yet. I have been inside most of them due to my work.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Yes they did. I think the score was 83-56. Closer than the LSU game.
                          That's kinda like two bye games. Has ND been tested at all this year (played anybody the caliber of Marquette)?
                          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Honestly though, there are plenty of decent sports bars to watch the game as long as they will turn it on.

Brix in downtown Plano
                            Austin Avenue
                            End Zone
                            Tailgaters
                            Wing Daddy's
                            The Franchise
                            Brick House
                            Chips Burgers

Some are better than others, but all are options. There are more, but these are the ones off the top of my head.

I have lived here for 1 1/2 years but haven't been able to try some of those yet. I have been inside most of them due to my work.

Go to Buffalo Wild Wings; sit at the bar and tell them you want to watch Fred and Ron (hope Ron plays) at 6:30 pm and WSU/ND at 9:30... and you want the 'big' screen. Remember, the early bird (usually) gets the worm.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

That's kinda like two bye games. Has ND been tested at all this year (played anybody the caliber of Marquette)?
                              Prior to Maui they played Depaul, Mount St. Marys, & Chicago St.

No challenging games at all.
                              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Working...
                              X