No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Notre Dame (Maui) Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with everyone here, this will be a very tough one. We've improved each game so far, we'll need to improve again to win this one. I watched the first half of Notre Dame's game before going to bed last night, and wow is Farrel scary good. Some of his shots weren't falling earlier on, but he was still creating easily. They're a team that plays poised and under control. I'm gonna have to predict a loss for us here, but I'll be happy to eat some Crow for Thanksgiving.

Shockers - 72
    ND - 75

Comment

Notre Dame is very good. There offence is excellent with great ball movement.

ND hasn't played a quality opponent yet this season and haven't been pushed in any game. This may work to our advantage so we'll see how they respond.

WSU does have a slight size and depth advantage and I think we are going to need Shaq, Rauno, & Darral to beat them up inside.

We have to hit a few more outside shots than we have the last 2 days and continue to crash the glass.

We need Zach to blanket their PG. He had some struggles covering scorers against Cal & MU, that needs to be cleaned up.

WSU 84
      ND 80
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Will be interesting to watch Shaq, Darral and Rauno try to saddle Colson with foul trouble early - I expect ND's game plan anticipates this and their guards will collapse hard on our post feeds, daring our guards to finally get hot and drill open treys.

If we are hot out of the gate and prevent the Irish guards from cheating off their man on the perimeter, they are in big trouble.

Comment

Notre Dame plays just as tough as we do. They are just as experienced as we are. Farrell and Colson are very good and they ND has great chemistry already. One of our best players is on the bench, hurt. We will have to play our best game to come out with this one.

Comment

I'm just hoping we get the last laugh...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
              I don't think ND is over valued at all. They are experienced with very good players. If both teams
              play their "A" games we should win If we have an average type of game and they have a good
              one we will lose. Simple as that. I think our team defense and depth can wear them down and
              prevent them from having a great game which is what it will take for them to win unless we stink it up.
              DW and Jones have to give us good smart minutes. I'll say Shocks 79-74
              Who said they were over valued? That's crazy.

They are significantly undervalued and I would take them against anyone else in the country right now

Comment

I think we will use 2-3 different defenders during the game guarding Farrell in hopes of wearing him down. That has been our MO in the past, especially post TC (whom I'd love to have right about now)

Comment

I predict we have our hands full.

Comment

Can I just say that i hate late night games vs ND? This will be a good game.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

My mind keeps going back to-- as long as we play competitively without Markis, that will speak volumes on what we're capable of when full-strength.

That being said, I think we lose a close one.

Catholics - 84
                      Hyenas - 78

Would love to eat a bowl of humble for Thanksgiving.

Comment

Taylor Eldridge@tayloreldridge 13h13 hours ago Follow Follow @tayloreldridgeFollowing Following @tayloreldridgeUnfollow Unfollow @tayloreldridgeBlocked Blocked @tayloreldridgeUnblock Unblock @tayloreldridgePending Pending follow request from @tayloreldridgeCancel Cancel your follow request to @tayloreldridge

More
                        • Copy link to Tweet
                        • Embed Tweet
                        • Mute @tayloreldridge
                        • Unmute @tayloreldridge
                        • Mute this conversation
                        • Unmute this conversation
                        • Block @tayloreldridge
                        • Unblock @tayloreldridge
                        • Report Tweet
                        • Add to other Moment
                        • Add to new Moment

Was told Samajae Haynes-Jones was sick at the start of the game and was throwing up after coming out. Explains limited minutes and no action 2nd half.

Comment

Yeah, ND looked good last night, but LSU looked absolutely horrible, and gave ND every opportunity possible with unforced turnovers, horrible shot selection, and 'ole defense.

We need to punch ND in the mouth right from tipoff so that they don't start feeling it early. Getting Farrell in foul trouble early would be good as they looked like a different team without him on the floor. We need to value every possession and not throw up any garbage.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

fwiw (nothing), KenPom has this as the most exciting game of the day! Gives Shocks 59% chance and 76-74 score prediction. Ranks WSU #4 (5 in offense, 10 in defense) and ND #12. (4 in offense and 40 in defense).
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                              Getting Farrell in foul trouble early would be good as they looked like a different team without him on the floor.
                              He's their only true PG. Get him in foul trouble or hound him until he wears down, either will work.

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Seems like the fires the Shocks have been through at Maui against Cal and Marquette have been significantly hotter that what Notre Dame experienced against Chaminade and LSU. Notre Dames 3 pre-Maui wins have been against DePaul, Mount St. Mary's and Chicago State. My hope is that at this point the Shocks have been hardened a little bit more than the Irish. Whether that's enough to make any difference who knows.

The Shocks will have lot more time to rest between the Semis and the Final than the Irish. OTOH, I don't thinkt he Irish have had to expend nearly as much energy in their 2 Maui wins as the Shocks have.

Certainly a game that could go either way. Can't predict the outcome but I do know one of these teams is going to come away with a very valuable win under their belt.

Comment

Working...
                                X