WSU Versus Notre Dame (Maui) Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Notre Dame (Maui) Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. The ND Fighting Irish play in the ACC, not to be confused with the AAC. They are now ranked around 13th. Nationally, with a record of 5-0 and coached by Mike Brey. Matt Ferrell and Bonzie (bon voyage) Colson are two key players for them. After WSU defeated KU at the Dance back in the 2014-15 Season, Notre Dame defeated our Shocks 81-70. Colson played in that game as did Kelly, ZB, and Shaq. In the ACC this Season, they are picked to finish 5th by Athlon Sports, and Street & Smith, and 4th by Lindy's.

Hey Coach Marshall, this will be our toughest game this Season and we figure by now you want to know some SN "think tank wisdom" on here that at times runs on fumes, to assist the Shocks to take home the gold, so here goes nothing, and that is a fact. (1.) Since R. Kelly just had 8 assists from the 3 and 4 slots, we figure he could play some point guard too until Alo gets here next Season to allow RK to raise that assist figure to 10. (2.) Austin R. had 9 rebounds from the 2-3 slots, so why not sub him in for Shaq, to allow him to start getting us some double/doubles from the 5 slot too? (3). We notice Air Force is leading the Country in free throw % at around 85.7, so we wondered if we could become number 1 in that category from this moment on. I'll hang up and listen. Go Shocks!!! Tsk Tsk Tsk.

Actually, while we do like to analyze on here, we know Coach Marshall is a candidate for another National Coach of the Year, so we digress. This pans out to be a very interesting and tough game for our beloved Shocks. A win would be so significant to jump-start a promising epic Season for us. Look for a high scoring game, and one that could go to the wire. I predict that Shaq and Willis will lead our bigs in this game, Z.Brown will guide our stingy D-Fence, and both LS and C. Frankamp will have their best games in Maui.

Adrian Delano Dantley---83

Bobby Wilson--------------86
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; November 22, 2017, 07:07 AM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

As always FSF...nice write up!!! This Ferrell kid reminds me of one Fred VanFleet. Really good pg for ND. Wow!

But...we got one too. And a bunch of young men who are just plain STRONG young men who WANT this game and MAUI CHAMPIONSHIP for Coach Gregg Marshall!!!

Lou Holtz - 79
    Rauno Nurger Buzzer Beater - 80
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Windiwu
      Windiwu commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you think he is related to Yogi?

Defense wins championships. That being case, I'm gonna go with the Shocks doling out a panorama of power basketball on the Islands. To quote R. Kelley "Stick with your principles (i.e. be a Hyena)." For Coach....
    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; November 22, 2017, 03:32 AM.

Comment

I hope the referee can throw up the opening tip on the first try.

Comment

Crucial momentum building game. I pray for Frankamp and AR to light it up.

Comment

Can we win? Absolutely.

Will we win? Too close to call.

I keep getting flashbacks of 2015 when they knocked us out of the tourney. They are rolling really good right now. I would rather this game be played in a couple months when we have all of our weapons (McDuffie) and have had more time to hit our stride. But, it is what it is. I am not sure we are ready for this one yet. But I will be cheering my butt off and pissing off my neighbors anyway lol. GO SHOX
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Cohen 79
            Phelps 77

Comment

We need one more gear from the Marquette game. Crazy good defense or big time double digits from Frankamp or Rauno .
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

We have yet to put together a full 40 minute game and we'll have to tonight if we hope to come home with the championship. We're not at full strength (rehab angry Markis) and that will be to our detriment as Notre Dame will bring their A+ game. We can win this game but we're going to have to bring our A+++ game to do so.

Comment

Every big game we have, RN comes up huge. My money is on Rauno to be the one who puts us on top.

Comment

The soft, forgiving rims have to start helping us at some point. If we hold them under 30% from three, we win. Otherwise, it will be a repeat of the 2015 game. ND is completely undervalued from what I've seen so far.

Comment

ESPN2 shows coverage of this game on 2033 at 9-p.m. tonight. It appears tip-off is 9:30 p.m. but I'm listening to Mike Kennedy on his pregame show with the tube also fired-up early. This is all serious buswax and what a game this should be. The Shox need our best game of the Season tonight and a Maui Championship.
                      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Very curious to what Vegas puts the line at.... or even who's favored, for that matter.

Comment

Shamet and Farrell will be an interesting battle as the size advantage leans towards the Shockers. The last time the small point guard for the Irish faced a big defensive guard was Javon Carter of West Virginia in the NCAA Tournament. He struggled in that game and could in this one as well. Colson will have his hands full against Wichita’s frontline as well, especially Rashard Kelly, whose defensive prowess gave Marquette’s bigs fits.

Prediction: Wichita State 75 – Notre Dame 67

Full write-up at:
                          It's the championship game of the Maui Invitational between Wichita State and Notre Dame . Who wins this battle between two top-15 teams?

Comment

I don't think ND is over valued at all. They are experienced with very good players. If both teams
                            play their "A" games we should win If we have an average type of game and they have a good
                            one we will lose. Simple as that. I think our team defense and depth can wear them down and
                            prevent them from having a great game which is what it will take for them to win unless we stink it up.
                            DW and Jones have to give us good smart minutes. I'll say Shocks 79-74

Comment

Working...
                            X