No announcement yet.

Shox v Cal Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm starting to think that foul trouble is going to be a consistent problem for Landry this season. He's just so aggressive, I think it's hard for him to dial it down on defense. We really took it for granted with Fred and Ron because they we're so smart and savvy that it was a rarity for them to ride the pine for foul trouble.

Comment

• He's so good at so many things that sometimes I think we forget that Landry is only a sophomore.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Landry is an intelligent player most of the time. That said, Landry's first foul less than a minute into the game did not show that high IQ. If he would have just waved at that layup, he most likely would not have been fighting foul problems the entire game.

Comment

• Cdizzle I beleive that T.VuOP may have a prayer schedule that is ancient in its schedule and may not have the flexibility to schedule around Shocker games.
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
            Cdizzle I beleive that T.VuOP may have a prayer schedule that is ancient in its schedule and may not have the flexibility to schedule around Shocker games.
            But what if he is praying to God Bear?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

Saw this on the Cal board --

"Wichita State's entire team look like stereotypical midwesterners."

Ummm. Okay.

I'll take that as a compliment, I guess. Y'all can keep LaVar Ball. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                I'm starting to think that foul trouble is going to be a consistent problem for Landry this season. He's just so aggressive, I think it's hard for him to dial it down on defense. We really took it for granted with Fred and Ron because they we're so smart and savvy that it was a rarity for them to ride the pine for foul trouble.
                I'm not worried yet. He committed something like 3.2 fouls per 40 minutes last season. But if it persists, you're correct. It will be a problem.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                  Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

Saw this on the Cal board --

"Wichita State's entire team look like stereotypical midwesterners."

Ummm. Okay.

I'll take that as a compliment, I guess. Y'all can keep LaVar Ball. :)
                  That's what you say when you are up 18 points with 15 minutes left and then you piss down your leg and give it away. Midwesterners play for the finish. Berkley plays for the crowd and hopes nobody notices the outcome. Kid scores 35 points, but his team lost. He also was the one throwing up crazy shots in the last 8 minutes at the beginning of the shot clock that turned into fast breaks for the WSU comeback. Great personal stats but his team still gets the L. I'll take the midwestern work ethic that pays off in the end any day.

Comment

• Postgame press conference.

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

But what if he is praying to God Bear?
                      I cannot speak for T.VuOP but I think it is safe to say that his worship focus is more on the Creator rather than creation.

But it I like Your play on words!
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                        I'm starting to think that foul trouble is going to be a consistent problem for Landry this season. He's just so aggressive, I think it's hard for him to dial it down on defense. We really took it for granted with Fred and Ron because they we're so smart and savvy that it was a rarity for them to ride the pine for foul trouble.
                        He started off last year in a similar way, he'll adjust.

Comment

• I also think it could be at least partly because he's not 100% yet. He's still just a half a second slower than he will be. And when he is 100%, look out.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• I'm not sure the ND hasn't been tested thus far rationalization holds water. That team has plenty of big time game experience to reference so they'll be ready to play. I'm not afraid of ND, the Shox are more than capable of whooping their arse by 20 or losing to them by 20. If we lose, it's because we beat ourselves but sprinkle in some ND talent as well. Others have hit the nail on the head, ND will live and die based on Farrell's performance tonight. Farrell will do some damage, it's about how much is the key. Minimize his damage, hit our perimeter shots and don't get into foul trouble and I smell a victory. If we continue to start out of the gate slow and get behind, ND is too good of a team to let us creep back in and it will be 2015 all over again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                              I'm not sure the ND hasn't been tested thus far rationalization holds water. That team has plenty of big time game experience to reference so they'll be ready to play. I'm not afraid of ND, the Shox are more than capable of whooping their arse by 20 or losing to them by 20. If we lose, it's because we beat ourselves but sprinkle in some ND talent as well. Others have hit the nail on the head, ND will live and die based on Farrell's performance tonight. Farrell will do some damage, it's about how much is the key. Minimize his damage, hit our perimeter shots and don't get into foul trouble and I smell a victory. If we continue to start out of the gate slow and get behind, ND is too good of a team to let us creep back in and it will be 2015 all over again.
                              Yep. Crowd the lane and minimize to some degree his penetration. Try to make him settle for jumpers. Let Bonzie get his 17 and 9. Case closed. Game over.

Comment

• nm
                                Last edited by shocker3; November 24, 2017, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X