No announcement yet.

Shox v Cal Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landry's gotta learn to stay away from fouls. We need his offense.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Here’s the team I wanna see going forward:

Landry, Reaves, Kelly (3), Nurger and Shaq.

Comment

• How. Bout. Those. SHOCKERS!

That was some MTXE if I've ever seen it there in the later half of the 2nd half. Wow.

Comment

• I like the way the guys fought after losing ground not once, not twice, not thrice but 4 times, each time almost worse than the last.

Comment

• Willis, Connor, Brown, Reaves a combined 4-30

Comment

• Cal played out. their. asses.

Also the wsu plane was in Oahu until the u12. Oops.

Comment

• I can't see us shooting that poorly again. If nothing else we should have a lot of confidence after crawling out of a Hawaiian grave.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                  Landry's gotta learn to stay away from fouls. We need his offense.
                  This is the 3rd year in a row that Landry has been a little foul happy at the beginning of the season, he adjusted quickly last season and the first year he didn't have a chance to.

Comment

• 7 years later, the program is good enough to overcome that crap.

Comment

• Great teams find a way to win when they don't have their best game.

Just think how good this team can be. We overcame our own poor shooting and several bad calls yet we still won by double digits.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Willis, Connor, Brown, Reaves a combined 4-30
                        “happy feet” Willis needs to stay underneath and focus on the 2 footers, Conner will be back, he’s too good. Brown hasn’t played a good game yet this year. Reaves was really solid today with the ball, I liked how he complimented the offense without being a scorer. All this said, we need more out of all these guys going forward.

Comment

• Shaqness
                          Shaqness commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Completely agree.

• rjl
                          rjl commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah, Willis sucked today, but Willis needs to keep taking outside shots. He had a bad game; everyone does. When he's on from the outside is when the team is at its best.

• Rooting for Cal against VCU tomorrow. Might be tough for them to bounce back from this loss though. They clearly were all in today.

Comment

• What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. They now know that if they have a bad shooting night and are trailing by 18 - they can still win if they gut it up on D. Survive and advance!

Comment

• There are so many angles to analyze the comeback, and I am certain none will truly show the magic of that comeback.
                            I want to say it was Kelly's fierce play the ignited the storm.
                            I want to say it was Shaq and Shamet's stellar 2nd half performance.
                            I want to say it was the press.
                            More than anything, something inside our team ignited the defense and the reliance on front-court play.

Everyone is at fault for our terrible performance in the first half and on. However, Jones has the short leash for me. I literally hate everything about his game today. Not initiating the offense. Letting the defense dictate his pace. Mid-Range Jumpers with 20 on the clock. Poor layups. Sprinting to the three point line while the 5 is still at the opposing free throw line. Getting BURNT all night long. Missing the Middle Man. Missing the Post Man.

I hope he gets better, because we need him.

Comment

• Missed the first 5 minutes, so I had to stay off Shockernet.

Havent read the thread but assume we went from arrogant braggers to “Embarrassing” to “Showing our true colors” to “I knew we would win”.

Except ForeverShockerFan. I am sure he never lost hope.

I expected the “so good that our bigs are taking so many ill advised shots” would stop when they started missig.

The good thing is this tournament has already served a purpose. NO ONE is so good to walk through a game against any team. You have to earn it each night. We now know how to overcome adversity. Deal with the Kemba Walker. And most importantly, deal with ourselves.

Our biggest win today wasnt on the scoreboard. It was in the locker room after the game. When we realized we can be an unstoppable force, when the effort is there.

Geaux Shox!

Comment

Working...
                              X