No announcement yet.

Shox v Cal Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopefully, a good chunk of this team has some come to Jesus moments between now and tomorrow. I doubt we can get away with another effort like this one tomorrow.

Comment

• This reminded me some of way back when Mo State has us down 20 at their barn and we beat them in overtime as those bears got in foul trouble in the 2nd half just like the golden bears. My hat is off in respect to Cal. They played solid.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Rashard Kelly --love the hustle.

Comment

• I was thinking this game would resemble last year’s LSU game but it looked more like the OSU game, but the fellas responded much better against Cal. Wow, what a game. Got to hand it Cal, they knocked us on our ass, but we got back up. Love it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Comeback while shooting 24% from 3... That's a game we lose in the past.
            Good call on 14 Missouri State. Down 18 in the 2nd half. Didn't need OT though and won by double digits. Unbelievable. Anybody else but Cal and that probably doesn't happen.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

I stopped watching again when the shocks got down by 18. Didn't turn it on again. You're welcome.
              Weak! I switched from wine to Woodford....the elixir of victory I guess.
              Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• Another minute and we would've covered!

Comment

• That game belongs to Shaq, Rashard and Rauno. Those guys made the little plays that turned the tide.

The block charge on Landry was terrible. Shades of Fred against UK in that one, but this team has the depth to survive that. On to tomorrow!

Comment

• Champions face moments like today and come out on top. Pretenders just come close.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      ....and ShaQ went for 20!!!!! Great job big guy!!!!!!
                      25 on 62.5%. And five blocks and two fouls (f that last call). And who knows how many of the 17 fouls on Cal's front-court he drew.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Get real-time COLLEGEBASKETBALL basketball coverage and scores as Wichita State Shockers takes on California Golden Bears. We bring you the latest game previews, live stats, and recaps on CBSSports.com

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          Another minute and we would've covered!
                          lol
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• WOW!!!!
                            My first post of the season--couldn't find the login button on the new format (hidden up at the top). Just as well. This game about gave me a heart attack. We went from playing the worst Shocker basketball I've seen for awhile to playing tough. The wrong guys shot threes..and then the right guys shot three and couldn't make them. The defense was awful and then it was great. CAL really tired. We had some bad calls go against us as well. Most of all, you can't play so bad and so listless and then pull it out like this very often...glad things turned around. Whew!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                              That game belongs to Shaq, Rashard and Rauno. Those guys made the little plays that turned the tide.

The block charge on Landry was terrible. Shades of Fred against UK in that one, but this team has the depth to survive that. On to tomorrow!
                              Shades of Kemba Walker being the beneficiary of an awful block call in our first game in Maui in 2011. Thankfully, we were able to recover in this one. Nice comeback!

Comment

• Takes some intestinal fortitude not to give up when you are down 18, and ice cold, and getting some bad calls.

Comment

Working...
                                X