Lineup Combinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lineup Combinations

Now that we’ve seen various combos, I have to say I really like seeing Rauno and Shaq outnthere together. Both can stretch the floor and both know the system cold. Also like seeing Rashard at the 3 in small bursts. It will be interesting to see a lineup of LS/CF at 1/2, MM at 3 and SM/RN at 4/5. That’s some serious size and experience. On another note, we really need either Conner or Landry on the floor at all times. Having Reaves and Jones together just isn’t working.

I really liked the opening lineup as well that put Willis and Morris in the frontcourt. Charleston just didn't know what to do with both of them on the court at the same time. It didn't hurt that both are playing really, really well right now. I just hope Willis doesn't disappear once conference play starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Now that we’ve seen various combos, I have to say I really like seeing Rauno and Shaq outnthere together. Both can stretch the floor and both know the system cold. Also like seeing Rashard at the 3 in small bursts. It will be interesting to see a lineup of LS/CF at 1/2, MM at 3 and SM/RN at 4/5. That’s some serious size and experience. On another note, we really need either Conner or Landry on the floor at all times. Having Reaves and Jones together just isn’t working.
      That could be a darn good lineup. Every single one of those guys would need to be guarded on the perimeter. That really opens the floor for MM and LS to slash. Not to mention it opens the lane if we just want to feed Shaq down low. I think a lineup with LS, CF, ZB, MM and SM would have similar benefits, but would likely be overall faster and better on defense. On offense, it'd just kind of depend which ZB we're getting.

For several years, we've loved talking about how deep our team is, but it's just crazy how good the talent is on this Shocker team. We may not play as deep of a rotation as we have in years past, but that's because 1-7 are capable of starting for just about any team in the country.

Comment

I think any combination of SM, RN, & DW on the floor at 4 and 5 spots is a good one.

The biggest challenge will be reining in DW's tendency to take bad shots just because somebody happened to throw him the ball. If he can learn to restrain that urge our frontcourt will be very good. If he can't, I think we'll see his minutes start to diminish.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Won't be any LS/CF next year but there will be Jones and AR so I say let them play together as much
          as possible in no doubter game situations. AR HAS played some at small forward the past two games.
          When he plays SF with LS/CF that combo really stretches opposing defenses and opens up lanes and
          room for our post up players to operate one on one. A year ago, at this time of the season, I was down
          on both RK and ZB but they BOTH have turned into such solid all around players, Much of what they
          do goes unnoticed. You can see rotations beginning to unfold and it will be interesting to see how MM
          changes things cause when he is healthy you know he is going to play 20-25 minutes.

Comment

Kelly was a rebounding machine last night. He still has struggles with his shooting touch, but the rest of his game is really solid.

Comment

Working...
            X