No announcement yet.

Official Wichita State vs College of Charleston Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marshall playing with his lineup has gotten us off track defensively.

Comment

Willis just gave the ball to another player!

Comment

Better not jack around and screw with the cover.

Comment

Sloppy second half. Lots of things to work on before Maui. Overall, pretty good game by our guys.

Comment

• wsushox1
            wsushox1 commented
            Editing a comment
            We'll be aight. not worried at all.

Suddenly the point spread is mysteriously in jeopardy

Comment

Shockers slept walk for the last 12 minutes, which is fine, hard to maintain that intensity over 40 minutes a game that was never even close.

Rough game for Landry, but he'll be fresh and ready in Maui and I expect big things.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Some funky lineups in the 2nd half really threw off our momentum. We probably coulda won this game by 40 if 3G wanted to keep his foot on the gas.

Comment

I think this game illustrated a little of our lack of depth at the 1/2 positions. Landry and Conor both ended up with 4 fouls led to SHJ and Reeves seeing a lot of PT together. Kelly playing the three exclusively to back up Zach. Landry and Conor have to stay out of foul trouble.

Comment

Comment

What a nice double/double by Shaq-wall. It was nice to see Mountain-Man get a few minutes. Our bigs really dominated the paint tonight which was no surprise. When this squad starts playing solid for 30-40 minutes, watch out!!!. I think SHJ had around 7 assists and will get more confidence and understanding of our System quickly. I notice we played some big ball when Z. Brown was out and some 3-guard offense as well. Once we get MM back, the sky is the limit with our beloved Shocks.

It was nice to see Matty B. He helped us beat the Cuse at the Dome along with some big shots one year to down Creighton among many other feats. Without him when he had another concussion, we had a bad stretch of around 1-11. When Charleston gets their team all healthy, they very well could Dance and I hope they do. Nice win, and now the Shocks are Maui bound.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Zach’s gonna lose his spot when MM returns. He needs to figure out how to insert himself into the offense.

Comment

Feel like I should have went home at halftime and in blissful ignorance just assumed they won by 35 or whatever.

Refs made it feel like we were back in the Valley of Even. Nearly unwatchable second half.

Anywho... ultimately a dubya against a respectable opponent, and point spread covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Zach’s gonna lose his spot when MM returns. He needs to figure out how to insert himself into the offense.
                          He did not look good tonight.

Where is this supposed right hand that Willis worked on? He was like a tennis noob running around his backhand. Still too much for CoC tonight.
                          Last edited by BOBB; November 13, 2017, 10:47 PM.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Bluzrover
                            Bluzrover commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I think he's saving it for conference play...

Why does dribble drive continue to give us fits?
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• pogo
                            pogo commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Good question

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          You may be right but Zach is playing some great D.

I saw a 3G shake his head a few times after the offense stopped when Willis got the ball. He is a very good player when he lets the game come to him but he's still got a lot of JUCO in his game.

Willis is gonna see some pine when MM gets healthy .

Comment

Working...
                          X