WSU Versus College Of Charleston Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus College Of Charleston Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. We have all heard of our Sensational 6. Now we focus on our Spectacular and Shocking 17. We all have heard of inside then out Shocker ball. 3G said we will play some big ball and against the Roo's we witnessed 'big ball insides out ball' as well. Thus we can take this game versus the Cougars as a cakewalk? Nope!!!

Ya'll remember our NIT Championship Season? Game 3 here in Wichita we played this very team coached by Bobby Cremins and witnessed Andrew Goudelock stroking 31 smackers, some from the parking lot it seemed, but he also had 8 turnovers as the Shocks won 82-75. Their team now is picked by most to win the Colonial Athletic Association and prolly dance this Season. They are coached by Earl Grant (former assistant coach of 3G at Winthrop) and they have another star player by the name of Joe Chealey who averaged 17.7ppg last Season and he should be the MVP of their Conference. Also watch out for Jarrell Brantley and Grant Riller who are also tough players. This squad plays stingy D-Fense and will be a handful.

Look for the Shocks to have an advantage inside on Offense. The Shocks go at least 10 deep with no let downs or slack allowed. Frankamp is due for a big shooting night so I predict he will lead our beloved Shocks with 18 points with at least 4 other Shocks scoring in double figures also. Who will they be? My Point Exactly!!! Our foes will never know either and that's what will set the Shocks apart from most teams we play this Season. It appears to me the Shocks have improved with each game. This will be by far our toughest game so far and we will be defended more rigid than before. Even so, let's win this game and hope the Cougars do great from then on. Number 11 for the black and yellow leads us to an 11 point surpass at least!!!!!!!!!!!

Gabe Blair 86

A. Goudelock 75
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Based on today's performance, I'm getting more optimistic! (And I was already very optimistic)

Shocks 92
    CoC 57

Comment

Shox-90
      Charleston-60

Comment

BTW, this game appears to be an 8-p.m. Central Shocker Time tipoff. Good thing we gained that fall-back hour of sleep. Tsk, Tsk!!!!!!!
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Shocks by 32
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Marshall said C of C was a Top 30 team. Any of the metrics back up that statement?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
              Marshall said C of C was a Top 30 team. Any of the metrics back up that statement?
              Pomeroy has them at 77. However, he builds in a bias at the beginning of every season that could be negative. They are favored to win the Colonial AA.

Comment

one of the preseason magazines i read said that charleston might be the best team that conference has had in quite some time.

definitely capable of an ncaa tournament "upset" win. this basketball team is not to be taken lightly in the slightest.

Comment

They only beat Sienna by 8 in OT last night. That doesn't scare me at all, but they could have had an off night. I still think we win by at least 20.

​​​​​I do remember that NIT Goudlock game though. That boy was pulling up from the Wu logo, many times contested, and still draining them. What a sight.

Shox - 93
                  Charleston - 67

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                    They only beat Sienna by 8 in OT last night. That doesn't scare me at all, but they could have had an off night. I still think we win by at least 20.

​​​​​I do remember that NIT Goudlock game though. That boy was pulling up from the Wu logo, many times contested, and still draining them. What a sight.

Shox - 93
                    Charleston - 67
                    No prediction from me. However, if they are on and we aren't, there could be some danger. From what Gregg said, this team could be very good (as good as most of our OOC games). Gregg's teams usually show up but C of C will probably show up as well.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                      Here's the deal. We have all heard of our Sensational 6. Now we focus on our Spectacular and Shocking 17. We all have heard of inside then out Shocker ball. 3G said we will play some big ball and against the Roo's we witnessed 'big ball insides out ball' as well. Thus we can take this game versus the Cougars as a cakewalk? Nope!!!

Ya'll remember our NIT Championship Season? Game 3 here in Wichita we played this very team coached by Bobby Cremins and witnessed Andrew Goudelock stroking 31 smackers, some from the parking lot it seemed, but he also had 8 turnovers as the Shocks won 82-75. Their team now is picked by most to win the Colonial Athletic Association and prolly dance this Season. They are coached by Earl Grant (former assistant coach of 3G at Winthrop) and they have another star player by the name of Joe Chealey who averaged 17.7ppg last Season and he should be the MVP of their Conference. Also watch out for Jarrell Brantley and Grant Riller who are also tough players. This squad plays stingy D-Fense and will be a handful.

Look for the Shocks to have an advantage inside on Offense. The Shocks go at least 10 deep with no let downs or slack allowed. Frankamp is due for a big shooting night so I predict he will lead our beloved Shocks with 18 points with at least 4 other Shocks scoring in double figures also. Who will they be? My Point Exactly!!! Our foes will never know either and that's what will set the Shocks apart from most teams we play this Season. It appears to me the Shocks have improved with each game. This will be by far our toughest game so far and we will be defended more rigid than before. Even so, let's win this game and hope the Cougars do great from then on. Number 11 for the black and yellow leads us to an 11 point surpass at least!!!!!!!!!!!

Gabe Blair 86

A. Goudelock 75
                      And Earl Grant coached at WSU in Marshall's first two seasons!
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

We're #2 in KenPom, CoC is #77. Predicted score is WSU -16.

I guess I don't understand AdjT -- we score 109 and we're ranked #196 in this stat. What's a team gotta do?
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• ROOT ANGRY!
                          ROOT ANGRY! commented
                          Editing a comment
                          C'mon, i'4wsu! Any postturtle could tell you that!
                          It's a measure of how fast or slow you play, i.e., how many possessions you average per game.
                          Completely independent of how good a team you are. (Villanova, nat'l camps in 2016 were ranked #274 in adjT, and #3 in adjoff eff

Marshall's Mentee 65
                        Kresse's Mentee 81

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                          We're #2 in KenPom, CoC is #77. Predicted score is WSU -16.

I guess I don't understand AdjT -- we score 109 and we're ranked #196 in this stat. What's a team gotta do?
                          We played slow, real slow last year. Gotta wait til December for last year's weighting to go away from his tempo rating.

Comment

Would like to see some evidence of DW's right, at least four assists for Jones, some strong post
                            ups with sharp interior passes, a little 3-2 zone sprinkled in when AM and RN hit the court
                            together an an AM dunk. Always enjoy watching ZB and RK play D. I think they were the most
                            outstanding players at the inter squad scrimmage along with CF and I believe that was the most
                            reflective image we have of the team thus far having to play against one another. This game
                            should give us a little better idea going forward. I'll say Shocks 88-68

Comment

Working...
                            X