Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017-18 Shocker Record Prediction – “Preseason Edition”?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017-18 Shocker Record Prediction – “Preseason Edition”?

We now have completed our closed-door scrimmage and two exhibition games, so, looking at just our Non-Conference and Conference schedules (exclude any post season games), how many wins do you predict for the Shockers this season - What do you think the Shocker record will be at the end of the American Athletic Conference regular season?

30 Wins, (we win them all!)
    5.26%
    29 Wins
    5.26%
    28 Wins
    34.21%
    27 Wins
    26.32%
    26 Wins
    21.05%
    25 Wins
    7.89%
    24 Wins or less
    0%

The poll is expired.

I think we will lose two non-conference games (10-2) and three conference games (15-3) for a total win/loss of 25-5.

Comment

bump

Comment

A rather optimistic group this board was.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
          Two other polls, a non-con wins prediction and a conference wins prediction, were much more on target.

Comment

Meh, and rightfully so. Even with that optimism, the team sold the pig twice or we'd be sitting on 25 right now with 2 to go.

I think you'd have had to be quite the pessimist to predict the defense of this team. What was Ken's predicted record for WSU?

Comment

We had a reason not to be?
              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
                Jamar Howard 4 President commented
                Editing a comment
                There is optimism as in “this will be one of WSU’s best years under Marshall”
                And then there is “Shox will go 28-2 (or better) and get a 1 seed”

I think almost everyone agreed about the former. My comment was more directed to the half of the board anticipating the latter. Do you really think (looking at the season right now) that 5 losses (assuming 2 more wins) is a big disappointment? According to the poll, it sure has been.
                Last edited by Jamar Howard 4 President; March 1, 2018, 02:56 PM.

• WheatShock
                WheatShock commented
                Editing a comment
                I didn't think 5 or 6 losses would necessarily be a disappointment. I also voted for only 2 losses in the poll because I believed this team was capable of that. I chose to be optimistic even though I knew 28-2 would be difficult.

The only disappointing thing to me at this point is how we finished the ND game and at Temple. If we finish those wins off we would be 25-3 and sitting pretty for a very high seed. However, all will be forgiven if we win tonight and Sunday.
            Working...
            X