No announcement yet.

Calling my shot--Shockers will NOT finish the season ranked higher than 15th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling my shot--Shockers will NOT finish the season ranked higher than 15th

Reasons:
    1) Injuries- A lot more injuries than I would have like to see at this point in the "season". A team needs to play together to gel together.
    2) Eyes on the next level- Expect certain players to focus on themselves instead of the "team". This is by far the most talented/experienced team the Shox have had maybe ever. That being said to succeed in the Marshall system they all need to buy in as as team and forget about the individual stats.
    3) Schedule-This is the toughest schedule the shox have had in the Marshall era. Like Marshall said himself, there is no Bradley or Missouri State this year. This will be a big adjustment. No days off for the shox once conference play starts.
    To make an upgrade to the OOC schedule as well as to make the jump to a good not great basketball conference is a huge undertaking. The pre-season all conference 1st and 2nd team had one Shocker voted to it and hopefully that Shocker will be back to 100% soon. The AAC is down but it is 20 times better than the MVC.
    I think a lot of Shocker fans need to reset their expectations, a finish top 15 in the country should make Shocker fans very happy.

You forgot losing our 2 primary assistant coaches. I am not concerned about #2, the other points are very valid.

Comment

Child please.

Comment

Baylor fan gonna Baylor.

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker View Post
          Reasons:
          1) Injuries- A lot more injuries than I would have like to see at this point in the "season". A team needs to play together to gel together.
          2) Eyes on the next level- Expect certain players to focus on themselves instead of the "team". This is by far the most talented/experienced team the Shox have had maybe ever. That being said to succeed in the Marshall system they all need to buy in as as team and forget about the individual stats.
          3) Schedule-This is the toughest schedule the shox have had in the Marshall era. Like Marshall said himself, there is no Bradley or Missouri State this year. This will be a big adjustment. No days off for the shox once conference play starts.
          To make an upgrade to the OOC schedule as well as to make the jump to a good not great basketball conference is a huge undertaking. The pre-season all conference 1st and 2nd team had one Shocker voted to it and hopefully that Shocker will be back to 100% soon. The AAC is down but it is 20 times better than the MVC.
          I think a lot of Shocker fans need to reset their expectations, a finish top 15 in the country should make Shocker fans very happy.
          Not an outlandish prediction by any means and a reasonable case can be made for your point of view although like Dan I don't know what basis you have for stating your reason #2. That was not a problem when Ron and Fred returned for their senior years and I do not expect that will be a problem for this team. Now if a player wants to go selfish he can try but the likely result would be reduce playing time as long as 3G is callling the shots.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 1, 2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

I'm calling my shot too... A Baylor athlete (current or former) will rape or murder someone in the next 12 months.

Comment

I don't think I've seen a lawmaker post in a year or two. While the predicted national ranking may be accurate, it seems like awfully unusual timing to suddenly pop up again and make a prediction that defies about every national ranking service and basketball writer.

Must be tough to be a Baylor fan and watch little old WSU surpass them in national prestige. For a Baptist school, Baylor's athletic department has certainly had its share of heathen activities.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Lol at the new conference comment. Just one last chance to play conference superiority card and act “smart” (never mind the analytics). Last year, our guys played in the MVC. Last year, Kentucky’s guys were playing in high school. They will adjust fine.

Comment

#1 - 5 of these guys have been playing together for 4 years. The only ones that have not played together are SMJ, AM and RB. SMJ is the only one of the three to probably see decent minutes. Do you think these guys just met over the summer and decided to form a team then play ball?

#2 - all of them have bought into the team aspect. In fact, they wouldn't be on the team if they hadn't. One thing is for sure, if they aren't focused on the team, 3G will have them on the bench. Bank on it!

We go through this every year. As shocker fans we hear that were not up to the task and often overhyped. And every year they are prooven wrong. Yes, the American is a significant Step Up in conferences but I'm not sure everyone in the American understands just how big of a Buzz Saw they invited in. Time will tell but this shocker fan will not be surprised when we take home the conference championship and continue to leave those that doubted us scratching their heads.

I'll get off my soapbox now but this season is going to be a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker View Post
                    Reasons:

1) I'm butt hurt where WSU is in the preseason polls
                    2) There is no way WSU is that good.
                    3) WSU fans just need to get over themselves
                    FIFY

Comment

This is freaking brilliant. Make the bold prediction that WSU finishes OUTSIDE of the Top 15. All that has to happen is for WSU to stub its toe in a couple of unexpected losses. Really taking a walk on the ledge there.

Oh, and you are right. WSU is screwed with injuries. I mean, WSU could never do anything big like go to the Final Four when the team is riddled with injuries. When could that happen?

WTF does "the eyes of the next level" even mean and what does that have to do with THIS WSU squad? With the exception of Shaq's work ethic issues of a couple years ago, when did this team ever show such a horrible lack of focus on the topic at hand?

Could you be right? Of course you could. WSU is a bad injury or a few bad shooting nights away from being outside the Top 25. That is the case with any team in America. KU is a Devontae Graham ACL tear away from having its Big 12 title streak ended.

Do us a favor and worry about your team (and the rest of the Big 12, for that matter) not crapping the bed against KU, and we'll take our chances with our squad.
                      78-65

Comment

#2 is such nonsense it's not even funny. McDuffie had the most potential going into last year, and if his shots weren't falling, you know what he would do? Work harder for the TEAM, see @ Drake and @ Bradley when he went a combined 3-15 from the field, but also pulled down 28 boards, dished out 10 assists, and added 3 steals for good measure. We are built as a team, and we have the players who buy into that.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                          This is freaking brilliant. Make the bold prediction that WSU finishes OUTSIDE of the Top 15. All that has to happen is for WSU to stub its toe in a couple of unexpected losses. Really taking a walk on the ledge there.

Oh, and you are right. WSU is screwed with injuries. I mean, WSU could never do anything big like go to the Final Four when the team is riddled with injuries. When could that happen?

WTF does "the eyes of the next level" even mean and what does that have to do with THIS WSU squad? With the exception of Shaq's work ethic issues of a couple years ago, when did this team ever show such a horrible lack of focus on the topic at hand?

Could you be right? Of course you could. WSU is a bad injury or a few bad shooting nights away from being outside the Top 25. That is the case with any team in America. KU is a Devontae Graham ACL tear away from having its Big 12 title streak ended.

Do us a favor and worry about your team (and the rest of the Big 12, for that matter) not crapping the bed against KU, and we'll take our chances with our squad.

Comment

• 60Shock
                            60Shock commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Fever, glad ti see you back.

I just wanted to chime in and say that lawmaker is a ****.

Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Now it's a party.

Comment

Working...
                            X