No announcement yet.

Preseason Fund Raising Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tickets on sale Saturday morning for season ticket holders, first.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Streaming for out of towners?

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        Tickets on sale Saturday morning for season ticket holders, first.
        Tickets on-sale to the public at 8 AM Saturday. They make it sound as if season-ticket holders can reserve tickets now through their SASO account.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

Tickets on-sale to the public at 8 AM Saturday. They make it sound as if season-ticket holders can reserve tickets now through their SASO account.
          Agreed. Expecting an email.

WICHITA, Kan. -- Wichita State will host a charity exhibition game at 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 6 against Newman University with proceeds going to the American Red Cross to benefit hurricane and other disaster relief efforts.

"Tickets are priced at $15 and $20 each.

WSU season ticket holders have first opportunity to purchase their regular seats and may use their normal SASO parking lots. Primary account holders will receive an email with further instructions.

Any unclaimed tickets go on sale to the general public at 8 a.m. Saturday morning through the GoShockers.com ticket page. Fans may also purchase through the Shockers Ticket Office, by phone (316-978-FANS) or in person, during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

WSU students will have access to their regular allotment of free tickets, with pickup beginning Monday, Oct. 30."

Comment

Last edited by Triticum; October 31, 2017, 10:20 PM.

Comment

For an NIT flashback, how many people with upper row tickets will not buy their own tickets but instead wait to see what lower tickets aren't bought?
              78-65

Comment

Just got my email. Season ticket holder will have the option to buy best seat available on Friday night after the option to reserve your seat has expired but before open to the public Saturday morning.
                If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  I am wholly opposed to the NCAA doing this.

Since they are, I think it makes sense for WSU to get in an extra game. Could be especially beneficial to SHJ, who needs to be ready by Maui.
                  Why are you against this?

Comment

Went ahead and bought my tickets. If there are drastically better tickets available friday, I'l order 2 more and give this to a couple of friends.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post

Why are you against this?
                      Because the NCAA has a long track record of not being able to appropriately handle their own rules, much less exceptions to said rules. I am not opposed to relief efforts getting more funding, but frankly, there is always going to be some cause that needs more funding. Is the NCAA really the body we should trust to determine which are worthy and which are not? Do we really think the NCAA or the programs are acting altruistically? Is this really an equitable opportunity, or are only programs that can pay-to-play getting to play an extra exhibition game?

Consider me a hardened cynic when it comes to the NCAA and their rule exceptions.

I do want to reiterate that I'm not against WSU doing it. If it's within the new rules, absolutely they should take advantage.

Comment

Not a lot different than the last 4 seasons of most Valley games, so there should be plenty of people interested.

Comment

ROTFL!

Newman?

These charity exhibition games have become college basketball's ice bucket challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            ROTFL!

Newman?

These charity exhibition games have become college basketball's ice bucket challenge.
                            UCONN-Providence is a pretty good one. Starts in 10 minutes. Link here:
                            Live stream FOX Sports events like NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, College Football and Basketball, NASCAR, UFC, UEFA Champions League FIFA World Cup and more.

Comment

Hello, Newman.
                              Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Originally posted by shockrah View Post
                                Hello, Newman.
                                Always was a fan of that guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X