2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    but NMSU is absolutely the last team I'd want to see WSU draw in one of those opening round 2-15 or 3-14 matchups that seem to produce an upset or two every year.
    It would make sense to send New Mexico State to Dallas too, so yeah, I hope they blow through the WAC and get an 11 or 12 seed.

78-65

Comment

• WSUwatcher
      WSUwatcher commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with Shockm about the WAC, which is exactly what concerns me a little about the Aggies. I'd like them to be in any regional other than WSU's.

• WuShock16
      WuShock16 commented
      Editing a comment
      When I said “blow through the WAC,” I literally meant “blow through the WAC”...like WSU-in-Valley style...never losing. It would also help if they could get another big win against USC tonight.

Yeah, if they win the conference with more than 1 or 2 losses, then yeah, they’ll be dragged down to the 14-15 seed range. If they go all 2007 Winthrop on the WAC, then an 11 or 12 is possible.

• Shockm
      Shockm commented
      Editing a comment
      The WAC is so weak, even with a perfect record, I would question NMSU getting a seed higher than a 14 Seed. 11and 12 Seeds are gobbled up by at large lower rated P5 schools (like KSU last year).

• The Fighting Jans' are tied at half in championship game!!

Comment

• Halftime: NMSU 34 USC 34

Chris Jans is going to give some high seed a really bad time in the tournament.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
        WSUwatcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely -- I just hope it isn't WSU.

• Zach Lofton looking good.

Comment

• NMSU has some good athletes. I'd take Jemerrio Jones in a heartbeat.

Jans is such a freaking tactical genius, he has had an answer for everything USC has tried.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• USC hits about a 30 ft 3 with 4 seconds left in a tie game and end up beating NMSU 77-72.

That Boatright character that killed us a couple of years ago in Orlando did the same to NMSU.

Comment

• A couple opportunities for our non-con foes to help us out a bit tonight with

FGCU at Rhode Island
            6 Xavier at Marquette

I don't think FGCU coming away with the dub is very likely at Rhode Island but you never know. They may be extra motivated coming off a 3 game losing streak and still looking for a signature win to put on their resume although I imagine they'll have to win their conference tournament. Marquette pulling off the upset of Xavier seems like a more likely scenario but pretty tough nonetheless.

UCF at SMU to start off American play should be a fun matchup to watch. Despite the injuries that have set them back, UCF seems to have remained pretty competitive with exception to biting the dust against West Virginia a while back.

Comment

• FGCU is hanging tough at Rhode Island. Game is at the half now. I'd like to see them pull off the upset, but that might be asking too much on the road. Rhode Island has a W over Seton Hall and has played some good teams pretty tough... That went south pretty quick.

URI's guards look kinda' quick.
              Last edited by ShockingButTrue; December 27, 2017, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Walker
                Walker commented
                Editing a comment
                They are but yeah, probably won't have enough to pull it off. Seem to be shooting it well but their turnovers are killing them.

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                Missed Dunk City.

• Rhode Island's D is tough. I wish we could get back to that level of toughness. FGCU is down by 20 with 6 minutes to play.
              “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
              -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Movin' on... Maybe Marquette can do us a favor against Xavier?

Comment

• Marquette trying real hard to do us a solid, up 58-55 w/11 to go.

Comment

• Both teams on FS1 look better than both teams on ESPN2.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
                      ShockdaWorld commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I guess I was watching something different than you were.

• another shocker
                      another shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      maybe you missed on wichita state-arkansas state too.

• ShockdaWorld
                      ShockdaWorld commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You’re right. We’re terrible. Thank god we get to play ECU.

• Xavier seems to be very good at finishing games, which is a useful skill. Hopefully the Shocks will be as good or even better once they're at full strength.

Comment

• missing 3 layups albeit heavily contested in the last couple of minutes of a tight game won't allow you to win many games of that type.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                        Xavier seems to be very good at finishing games, which is a useful skill. Hopefully the Shocks will be as good or even better once they're at full strength.
                        Other than the Notre Dame game I would say the Shox don't have a problem finishing games. Our last 5-10 mins of each game seem to be very good. Even the OU game, we just dug too big of a hole in that one.

It's the beginning of games that seems to get us. Can't keep doing that against good teams or they put themselves in a very vulnerable situation...ie OU.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Aargh
                          Aargh commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I still think it's the huge hole they dug against a very bad Cal team that cost the Shox the ND game. Shox had to spend too much energy on day 1 of a 3-day tourney. Letting Cal get to an 18-point advantage - there's no excuse for that. Drake could do better than that.
                      Working...
                      X