2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temple loses @ North Carolina 97-73.
    Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• UCF wins 65-62. Big resume booster while missing their best player.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• UCF wins. Temple and Tulane lost.

Comment

• UCF joins Houston in the "On the Bubble - Work To Do" crew with this win, which was huge because they were in dire straits heading into league play if their best win had been against Nebraska, injuries or not.

Temple doing their best to backslide and join the UCF and UH grouping, but they remain a slight cut above for now. The bad losses have to stop, however.

I am far more optimistic about the possibility of 4-5 bids than I was entering the weekend. Good showing for the league overall.

Comment

• Sully reports on a 'Strong Weekend for the American"

This excerpt was very itneresting to me:

Keep an eye on this: SMU's Milton, Jarrey Foster and Ben Emelogu played 40 minutes against Southern Cal. Jimmy Whitt played 36. The Mustangs bench totaled 19.
            Road wins matter in March. If Baylor can finish in the top half of the Big 12, Wichita State will take a valuable asset into Selection Sunday. Much like a win at VCU early in the 2011-12 season, Saturday's win at Baylor could provide a significant boost for the Shockers, who demonstrated they schedule aggressively and win on the road.

Comment

• Deep as a puddle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                Deep as a puddle.
                It's something to keep an eye on. I'm told they just got a guy back from injury and get another eligible at semester. That could help. They were also playing a Top 15 team, so I think you expect a pretty short bench in this one.

Still, it's worth pointing out, those are just words at this point. Milton is playing minutes he doesn't need to be playing, including the last 2 minutes of last night's game. It may bite them, it may not.

Comment

• Yeah, we will see if their top guys have Buddy Hield level stamina this Spring. If not, there will be a significant fade down the stretch.

I do expect Agau to provide major frontcourt relief after Christmas when he's fully (or closer to it) recuperated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

It's something to keep an eye on. I'm told they just got a guy back from injury and get another eligible at semester. That could help. They were also playing a Top 15 team, so I think you expect a pretty short bench in this one.

Still, it's worth pointing out, those are just words at this point. Milton is playing minutes he doesn't need to be playing, including the last 2 minutes of last night's game. It may bite them, it may not.
                    Jahmal McMurray may be their second or third best player. He will certainly help.

Comment

• ECU was down a couple of buckets late but rallies to beat Campbell, 69-66.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                        Deep as a puddle.
                        They beat us twice last year and Shake and Jarrey wanted to stay in the game to make sure we won this time. I was at the game and there was no way in hell they would listen to Jank if he tried to pull them.

Comment

• Florida St. leading #5 Florida 42-35 at the half.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Didn't figure Florida would shoot 70% from 3 for the year. Curious to see what they are as they regress to the mean. Looking for some poll help this week though, either tonight or Cincy this weekend.

Comment

• This Florida vs FSU game is ugly. Looks like 10 guys on the floor each playing for themselves.

Comment

• East Carolina (5-4, Kenpom #251) defeated Campbell (4-5, Kenpom #215) by a score of 69-66.
                                Charleston (6-2, Kenpom #102) defeated High Point (3-5, Kenpom #243) by a score of 70-58.
                                Baylor (6-2, Kenpom #25) defeated Sam Houston State (5-4, Kenpom #244) by a score of 84-56.
                                Oklahoma (6-1, Kenpom #29) defeated UT San Antoino (5-5, Kenpom #230) by a score of 97-85.

Commentary
                                Not many games tonight, but at least everyone did what they needed to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X