2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    Time won't heal that feelings that we should have won the game.

However, under HCGM, we've stolen several games before (ISUR comes to mind and one or two more maybe) and I don't remember a game that we was stolen from under us. One has to go all the way back to Vandy (and that is Turgeon so this regime had nothing to do with it).

Any pollster who watched this game against a Top 15 team will not believe that ND is better than us.

While the bad feeling doesn't go away, anyone who continues to cultivate that drama filled point of view, needs to take a hiatus from this web forum for a while until they have talked themselves off of the ledge. The continued drama just gets old.

Now who do we play next?
    I would argue Louisville was stolen from us.

Comment

• 1.9 was absolutely taken from us.
      78-65

Comment

• VCU in Koch Arena was another.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
          The inbounds pass was a glaring lack of execution. I think the thought process was that if ND successfully slapped a double team on the player who received the inbounds pass, AR with his 6'5 height would be better at passing out of the double team. Whatever, execution didn't happen and AR didn't aggressively receive the pass (protect and secure it). Then Kelly rebounded the block and didn't aggressively secure it to himself before the other player tied him up. It gets easier to talk about but we still should have won. They stole one as we've stole games before (ISUR and Gonzaga come to mind).
          The guy who tied up Kelly for the jump ball had both hands on Kelly's back AFTER Kelly had the ball, but Kelly brought the ball down and that's when he got tied up.

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Texas loses one to Duke about the same way we lost BUT Texas is going to be a real threat
            to KU. I think Texas is a top 20 team. They led Duke by 16 in the second half.

Comment

• Does Arizona have some injuries or something? They’re not just overrated, they are bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                Does Arizona have some injuries or something? They’re not just overrated, they are bad.
                That FBI thumb up their you know what might be a real thing. Obviously there are a half dozen to dozen other programs out there tightening up but the select few should come out "clean". Chapel Hill, Lexington and Larryville gonna be "protected". Tucson...no.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Illinois State loses to #293 Charleston Southern at home 64-62 in OT in front of about 150 fans. ISUr managed 0 points from the field in the OT period (3 points from the line).

Comment

• deplorable

Comment

• Alabama had a wild one tonight - their entire bench was kicked out of the game with Minnesota and played 3 on 5 the last 10+ minutes. They actually outscored Minnesota 30 to 22! Still came up short though.

Game summary of the Minnesota Golden Gophers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide NCAAM game, final score 89-84, from November 25, 2017 on ESPN.

If I recall correctly WSU had a game with Indiana St.where their bench got kicked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                        Illinois State loses to #293 Charleston Southern at home 64-62 in OT in front of about 150 fans. ISUr managed 0 points from the field in the OT period (3 points from the line).
                        LOL. Love it.

That one's gonna leave a mark. Enjoy the abyss, Redturds.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• atlwsu
                          atlwsu commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Don't you think that playing WSU 2X a year helped recruiting. Guaranteed least one top tear school instead of none was attractive to some prospects?

• ShockerFever
                          ShockerFever commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Absolutely. That conference is garbage now.

• Not a game of interest, but with 10 left...

St Joe’s 40
                        Sacramento St 50

Sacramento St has junior high basketball facilities (worst in D1).

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerGirl View Post
                          Not a game of interest, but with 10 left...

St Joe’s 40
                          Sacramento St 50

Comment

• Did anyone catch the Oklahoma vs Oregon game? The Sooners beat Altman 90-80 with Ou’s Trae Yound dropping 43 on the Ducks.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Mr. Pickle
                              Mr. Pickle commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Something like 16/18 from the line. Sounds like a tough matchup in a few weeks.

• ShockingButTrue
                              ShockingButTrue commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I'm hoping we have the point guard edge in experience.

• Originally posted by ShockerGirl View Post

Does it have a stage at one end of the court?

Comment

Working...
                            X