2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Fighting Earls!!!!

Doesnt it seem like about 10 years ago that we played Charleston?

Comment

• I can't believe it's been nearly 20 years since Charleston last made the tournament. I would've never thought they were Illinois State-esque in that timeframe.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Watching USD - SDSU in the Slummitt Championship, thinking Daum would work mighty fine as a grad transfer here for next season. If in some alternate universe that actually happens.

Comment

• I stand corrected. Charleston did it. Congrats Earl.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Congrats Coach Grant!!
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Somewhere, Andrew Goudelock celebrated CoC's win by shooting a three from the halfcourt line of the closest basketball court and making it.

Comment

• Q2 win secured. RPI now 66.

Comment

• Charleston up to 66 in RPI. They should be able to ride that out this week and remain a Q2 game for WSU.

Comment

• That sound you hear is the tightening sphincter of all bubble teams with every BYU bucket.

Comment

• AndShock
                      AndShock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Put me down for the belief that the WCC is a 2-bid league no matter what happens in this game.

• Cdizzle
                      Cdizzle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I agree with that sentiment. Not sure why SMC is such a lock to many.

• ShockerFever
                      ShockerFever commented
                      Editing a comment
                      St. Mary's resume looks similar to 2017's Illinois State.

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    Watching USD - SDSU in the Slummitt Championship, thinking Daum would work mighty fine as a grad transfer here for next season. If in some alternate universe that actually happens.
                    David Jenkins Jr prepped at Sunrise for a year. We missed one there. He is also good friends with Erik Stevenson, both being from the same area.

Comment

• Daum is really friggin good.

Comment

• BYU turned into a pumpkin. SMC breathes a sigh of relief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          BYU turned into a pumpkin. SMC breathes a sigh of relief.
                          I still wouldn't feel safe if I were a Gaels fan. They didn't even try to schedule in the OOC. They have 2 Q1 wins, 1 over Gonzaga, and 1 over BYU, which wouldn't have been a Q1 win if they hadn't beat St. Mary's ironically. So they've beaten 1 tournament team, maybe 2 if NMSU wins the WAC.

All of their losses outside of Gonzaga and BYU are questionable at best.

I'm a pro-midmajor guy but it's becoming a regular pattern that St. Mary's seems to think they're above the idea of challenging themselves in the non-con.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Cdizzle
                            Cdizzle commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Having Q1 wins because other teams beat you in league is how the P5 reign.

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                          Watching USD - SDSU in the Slummitt Championship, thinking Daum would work mighty fine as a grad transfer here for next season. If in some alternate universe that actually happens.
                          Bring him in, keep Landry and Duff, and right back in the dance

Comment

• SDSU wins their tourney and bid.

FGCU lost a couple more than I would have liked, and I have no idea what happened to ArkSt, but what a great non-con schedule.

Comment

Working...
                          X