2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    I'm disappointed in you guys. I leave to get the grand daughters Dog N Shake for lunch and come back and you let Tulsa squander the lead.
    Mmmmm Dog N Shake....

I got to hit Taco Rio when I was in Wichita last weekend for the day. I need to make a Dog N Shake run the next time. Haven't been there in years.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• pogo
      pogo commented
      Editing a comment
      No one can accuse me of not introducing the grand kids to fine cuisine.

• Dog 'n Shake (even before when it was Sizzlin Dog) and NuWay are my fast favorites.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Holy Cow. ECU 13 in the first half against Houston. Wow. As Elf would say “Very Sucky!”

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
        Dog 'n Shake (even before when it was Sizzlin Dog) and NuWay are my fast favorites.
        My last visit to NuWay (at Central and Woodlawn) was a around a year or so back and it was horrible. I have no desire to return.

Comment

• Temple is good.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• At halftime of the Coaches On The Hot Seat Classic

Memphis - 41
            UConn - 31

Tubby getting another year. Ollie getting the boot.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              At halftime of the Coaches On The Hot Seat Classic

Memphis - 41
              UConn - 31

When UConn played here it was mentioned on the Shocker radio that instead of doing the normal shooting drills before the game they were doing dunks. Doubt I will forget the- "Playground to impress the girls" description rather then serious warm ups. Its a small thing but it is reflective of the coaching leadership or rather lack of it.
              Last edited by Ixiah; February 25, 2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                At halftime of the Coaches On The Hot Seat Classic

Memphis - 41
                UConn - 31

Regardless of the outcome of this game I think UConn will make a change. I think Tubby probaby survives.

Comment

• I hope Tubby survives. I think that he can turn that program around and make them relevant again. He does need to start pulling in a few recruits from the fertile Memphis high school hoops scene though.
                  Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                    I hope Tubby survives. I think that he can turn that program around and make them relevant again. He does need to start pulling in a few recruits from the fertile Memphis high school hoops scene though.
                    Agreed. Texas Tech today is a by-product of Tubby and some better finishing touches.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Don't most Memphis fans want Tubby to fail so they can hire Anfernee Hardaway?

Comment

• Shockthemonkey
                        Shockthemonkey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Will Little Penny be an assistant? I'd pay extra to see that!

• Rlh04d
                        Rlh04d commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hiring unproven coaches with local ties has worked well for UConn.

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                      Don't most Memphis fans want Tubby to fail so they can hire Anfernee Hardaway?
                      they probably don't know about what happened to maryland when the terrapins hired bob wade.

Comment

• Houston put up 109 against ECU, and that was in spite of the fact that UH did not score in the final 3:30 of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Axe View Post
                          Houston put up 109 against ECU, and that was in spite of the fact that UH did not score in the final 3:30 of the game.
                          UH may win the whole thing in Orlando.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post

When UConn played here it was mentioned on the Shocker radio that instead of doing the normal shooting drills before the game they were doing dunks. Doubt I will forget the- "Playground to impress the girls" description rather then serious warm ups. Its a small thing but it is reflective of the coaching leadership or rather lack of it.
                            Play by play and color guy were flabbergasted by lack of will and discipline by UCONN at home. Saying players quit even trying on defense in it he second half.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Working...
                            X