No announcement yet.

2017-18 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke and Michigan State better than KU or UK. At least from what I’ve seen. We can play with anybody in my opinion, and are a legitimate Title contender. I’m sure the committee will try their best to give us a “blue-blood” type seed

Comment

• Marquette (1-1, Kenpom #51) lost to Purdue (3-0, Kenpom #16) today by a score of 71-86.
      Connecticut (2-0, Kenpom #68) defeated Stony Brook (0-2, Kenpom #201) today by a score of 72-64.
      Kansas State (2-0, Kenpom #35) defeated UMKC (1-2, Kenpom #310) today by a score of 72-51.
      Memphis (1-1, Kenpom #132) defeated Little Rock (1-1, Kenpom #288) today by a score of 70-62.
      South Dakota State (3-0, Kenpom #120) defeated Alabama State (0-3, Kenpom #340) today by a score of 94-63.

Comment

• This UK vs KU game is so sloppy. Two out of control teams with NO discipline.

Comment

• Give us KU in the first round and UK in the 2nd and I would enjoy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            Give us KU in the first round and UK in the 2nd and I would enjoy it.
            In what world would that ever be the seeding this year?
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Both of these teams could get run by 7-15 by WSU at the moment. Terrible basketball.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Nice depth for the Chickenhawks. That may work in the Big 12, but in case WSU is lurking out there somewhere...

Also good to see them maintaining their connection with 65 points. Obviously, they can beat some teams with that total, but in case WSU is lurking out there somewhere...

Comment

• Welp. I found two top 10 teams we would currently boatrace on a neutral court.

Can't wait til we get our best player healthy.

Comment

• Just flipped by the replay of the KSU vs. UMKC game replay and saw how few fans were in attendance. I then looked at the box score and they said there were 7,500 plus in the seats. There is absolutely no way there were more than 3,000 there based on the video imagery. I know UMKC is not a great opponent but more kudos to our program and our fans for showing up strong, no matter the opponent.

Comment

• The schools who use a lot of "one and done" players love playing each other early in the year. It hides how bad their teams would do against a team with some experience. Just play other schools that are abysmal early in the year, and the Little Sisters of the Poor on your home court for the rest of the OOC schedule. Early-season problems will never be seen by the pollsters.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        The schools who use a lot of "one and done" players love playing each other early in the year. It hides how bad their teams would do against a team with some experience. Just play other schools that are abysmal early in the year, and the Little Sisters of the Poor on your home court for the rest of the OOC schedule. Early-season problems will never be seen by the pollsters.
                        Exactly.
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          The schools who use a lot of "one and done" players love playing each other early in the year. It hides how bad their teams would do against a team with some experience. Just play other schools that are abysmal early in the year, and the Little Sisters of the Poor on your home court for the rest of the OOC schedule. Early-season problems will never be seen by the pollsters.
                          It's genius really. Watch, since Kentucky put up a fight against mighty KU, and we don't play again till next week, watch them jump us by a spot in the polls.

The fact that UK didn't drop out of the top 10 last week makes me think this is all the pollsters need to let them back in front of us.

Comment

• Yes Dickie V etc. rave about their superior talent but they aren't superior teams.

Comment

• I'm not sure there are any sure fire first rounders on Kentucky's team this year. Didn't look like it watching that game.

Comment

• Savannah State (1-2, Kenpom #327) got their first win of the season. Too Bad it was against NAIA Middle Georgia State University (4-3), 114-80.

Comment

Working...
                                X