Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fan flyer for distribution at Shocker games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan flyer for distribution at Shocker games.

Here is the official topic to develop a "flyer" for distribution at men's basketball games. Please offer your suggestions and keep in mind that space will be limited and some suggestions may not be incorporated for various reasons that aren't personal in nature.

Here is HockeyShock's initial text. Hopefully, he will accept my invitation to serve as the official scribe.

“It was louder here tonight than Cameron Indoor Arena.” – Florida State coach Leonard Hamilton, following the Seminoles double-OT win over WSU in the 2004 NIT.

“…Shocker fans would take that improvement and raise their usual level of bonkers a notch.” – USAToday, 2007-2008 season preview.

Reputations aren’t built in a day, but they can be lost almost as fast. The Roundhouse has earned a reputation for being the loudest place to play in the Missouri Valley, and one of the loudest places in the country. Part of what sold Wichita State to Head Coach Gregg Marshall were the stories of how incredibly loud the home crowd is.

Meeting those expectations is OUR responsibility as fans and season ticket holders.

While we all agree that there’s no place for rude or vulgar behavior at any sporting event, there is a responsibility to be loud, and not just at the beginning of each half. At the very least, respect those that are trying to uphold the hard-earned reputation of Charles Koch Arena. Better yet, if you can, please stand and cheer too! All we want is for the Shockers to win; and believe it or not, being a noisy crowd helps!

“The guys keep telling me, ‘Coach, you haven’t seen anything yet…” Coach Marshall, 12/4 Coach’s show.

GO SHOX!!

do it to it
    ________
    Hot Box Vaporizers
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

I guess the first question is (and I'm in favor of doing this), should we work with the athletic department in terms of getting permission to distribute these?

I know this may sound weird but I could see them possibly thinking that if a lot of people are standing and being loud "too much", some season ticket holders might not re-up next year.

Comment

Hopefully, he will accept my invitation to serve as the official scribe.
        Accepted.

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

edited because I'm a moron that didn't understand the question at first.

Comment

I like it and don't have anything to add.

Well done.

Comment

A few other suggestions:

- Recruits will be more impressed by a consistently energetic environment.
            - Encourage people to make copies and distribute them to others in their section.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
              I guess the first question is (and I'm in favor of doing this), should we work with the athletic department in terms of getting permission to distribute these?

I know this may sound weird but I could see them possibly thinking that if a lot of people are standing and being loud "too much", some season ticket holders might not re-up next year.

I agree with you Royal and we should work together with the staff.

This doesn't have to be a 1 time thing. We can do 1 for Friday and add to it or come up with specific ideas for future oppenents.

I am happy to help with production needs or costs if needed but I do think this will be successful using the grassroots idea.

Comment

Okay, first revision - picking up from "All we want..."

All we want is for the Shockers to win; and believe it or not, being a noisy crowd helps! It helps motivate the players, it helps confuse the opponents, it helps convince recruits that Wichita State is the school they want to play for.

“The guys keep telling me, ‘Coach, you haven’t seen anything yet…” Coach Marshall, 12/4 Coach’s show.

GO SHOX!!

(Please feel free to copy and redistribute as necessary. Thank you for your support!)

Who will be coordinating with the athletic department?

:clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyShock
                  Who will be coordinating with the athletic department?
                  I'll do this.

Comment

I will be happy to help distribute them for the next game (I can arrive as early as 5:10. Should we add other items that are important (ie. wear yellow to the games)?

PS - maybe we could include that this is from the shockernet posters to gain exposure for this board. Just a thought.

Smooth
                    Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth007
                      I will be happy to help distribute them for the next game (I can arrive as early as 5:10. Should we add other items that are important (ie. wear yellow to the games)?
                      I don't know. My thought is that we should keep it focused on the "energy" aspect.

Other opinions?

Also, I have e-mailed Jim Schaus and Shannon Lawellin. Waiting to hear back.

Comment

tell them to use their tickets, so the place can actually be full
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

For what it is worth, I think it should be kept simple with one central message.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                            The people at the game probably don't need to be told to use their tickets.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle
                              Originally posted by newshock1234
                              The people at the game probably don't need to be told to use their tickets.....
                              well their friends do
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                              X