Wu York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wu York

Mrs. Maggie informs me, from her perch in midtown, that “Shocker madness has hit NYC”. I have no idea what she means….details to follow…maybe…but...you got HER attention... :yahoo:

For those interested, apparently, Mrs. Maggie saw a group of WSU supporters (complete with a stroller) wandering down 5th avenue. She decided not to engage them and to walk on; however, she soon encountered three individuals in WSU garb (unable to contain herself) – she accosted them; they were surprised...and apparently they were members of the administration. I think Mrs. Maggie frightened them….

Comment

Mrs. Maggie is forgiven for any fright she may have caused. Knowing WSU is indeed in the Big Apple makes us all smile and is reason enough to be excited. Hope she runs into a few more before it's all done.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Anybody know if there will a coaches show from the Big Apple this evening?

Comment

Nyet.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
            Mrs. Maggie is forgiven for any fright she may have caused. Knowing WSU is indeed in the Big Apple makes us all smile and is reason enough to be excited. Hope she runs into a few more before it's all done.
            She will. As will I.

But she was so excited to tell me - and the gentlemen she spoke to was just stunned (not impolite at all). After pleasantries, she basically said, “Giv’em hell and good luck”. The poor kid was speechless.

And in his defense, so am I at times, believe it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
              Mrs. Maggie is forgiven for any fright she may have caused.
              P.S. Mrs. Maggie says absolution is not necessary, but thanks. And if you think it is............well don't ask.

Comment

Maggie,
                It's great that you'll be able to see the Shockers LIVE! :wsu_posters:
                "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Originally posted by WSU Shocker
                  Maggie,
                  It's great that you'll be able to see the Shockers LIVE! :wsu_posters:
                  Thank you so much; but I was actually at two home games this year (first time in at least 6 or 7 years - I had never been inside the renovated roundhouse). I am excited to see the Shockers LIVE on the floor of MSG. Mrs. Maggie, who is not even a graduate of WSU, is even more excited.

I have not seen a game in the Garden in a while - I am not going to pay top dollar for a poor product (although I hear the Knicks have improved - but probably not defensively). Judging from what I have witnessed the past few games, I doubt the Shoxs will disappoint.

Comment

Maggie, did you ever think in your wildest dreams that the party 1500 miles away would settle in your own back yard for a couple of days?

Hope you enjoy it!

:clap:
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                      Maggie, did you ever think in your wildest dreams that the party 1500 miles away would settle in your own back yard for a couple of days?

Hope you enjoy it!

:clap:
                      My "wildest dreams"........maybe.

And it sure doesn’t come around often – not quite Haley’s Comet, but close. Let’s hope they stick around for a couple of days. :posterwsu:

Comment

Yeah, they want to go sightseeing Friday. Let's hope it is after winning a championship!!! :goshocks: :goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                          Yeah, they want to go sightseeing Friday. :goshocks: :goshocks:

I will volunteer my services as a tour guide, such as they are. If they happen to end with a win.

Kidding (sort of)...just play proud tonight...deal with the rest later.

I am glad they earned the right to play on this stage, speaking to the team - not that anyone from the team will read this (and if they happen to, I would not be pleased - to put it mildly). But even so…

In the sage words of Mrs. Maggie - Giv'em hell, and more – Go Shoxs. :yahoo: :-x :mad: :-x :posterwsu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Working...
                          X