No announcement yet.

Never have seen range like that......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched the replay on ESPN3. The announcers made me very proud to be in that crowd. Thanks to them for the many compliments.
    In memory I thought maybe I was exaggerating the range of those 3's. The range on TV looked even greater.
    Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      Watching the replay on the U.

The last 3 was from roughly WuShock's armpit.

Stunningly spectacular.
      Yep, right behind WU's right elbow. Earlier he hit one from the NIT diamond point.

I wish there was film of "Little" Greg Carney; he canned some bombs.
      I see dumb people.

Comment

I’m going to beat the dead horse a little more… :D

I’ve been watching Shocker basketball for nearly 50 years and I’ve NEVER, I repeat NEVER seen anyone make shots from that distance other than at the end of a shot clock, half time, or prayer shot at the end of a game. I thought Marshall was exaggerating when he said the guy had unlimited range. I watched the game again to verify what I had seen the first time and he was even farther back than I thought.

I received a text from a friend who played college basketball and is now coaching and he said he’s never seen anyone shoot like that in a live game or even practice on a consistence basis. Korver, Perez and Bird all have (had) great range, but not that kind of range. Replay the game and decide for yourself.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
          I’m going to beat the dead horse a little more… :D

I’ve been watching Shocker basketball for nearly 50 years and I’ve NEVER, I repeat NEVER seen anyone make shots from that distance other than at the end of a shot clock, half time, or prayer shot at the end of a game. I thought Marshall was exaggerating when he said the guy had unlimited range. I watched the game again to verify what I had seen the first time and he was even farther back than I thought.

I received a text from a friend who played college basketball and is now coaching and he said he’s never seen anyone shoot like that in a live game or even practice on a consistence basis. Korver, Perez and Bird all have (had) great range, but not that kind of range. Replay the game and decide for yourself.
          Totally agree...watched the game again today and was simply awestruck by the distance. Poor Murry and Kyles...could only stand and watch. Have followed the Shocks since the late 70's and have never seen such a apectacle. WOW.

Comment

After watching the replay they look even further out then they did in person.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

On one of his shots his back foot was on WU's wheat stalk. Insane. There was a point at the end of the game where he made like he was going to jack one up right past the half court line. Wish he would have pulled up and sank it.

Comment

Working...
              X