first live game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first live game

I was invited to go to the Shocker game tomorrow night with a group of friends, and it'll be a first for me. I have never been to a mens Shocker game live. I don't like big crowds too much, nor do I like dealing with traffic jams in parking lots. but since the ticket was free, and I'm not driving, I decided to go check it out. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Anything important I should know about attending a live game?

Re: first live game

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
    I was invited to go to the Shocker game tomorrow night with a group of friends, and it'll be a first for me. I have never been to a mens Shocker game live. I don't like big crowds too much, nor do I like dealing with traffic jams in parking lots. but since the ticket was free, and I'm not driving, I decided to go check it out. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Anything important I should know about attending a live game?
    You mean you've critiqued all of those calls and plays and have never seen the team live? Not once? :shock:

Well..um.. glad you could make it out to a game.

Anything important? Well, um, wear yellow and be loud.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Nope, I prefer to watch from the comfort of my own home on tv. I can critique just as well there as I can live

Comment

When you go to your closet, as tough as it will be, find something other than beakerwear.

If you cannot, refer back to your original plan.

Enjoy senior night from start to finish.

Comment

I always pack a survival kit in my fanny pack.
          Phi Alpha

Comment

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/t-mlpT9r1sHUC-f*X5WPlYoaBQ8KyMr4Wi2MpQdxy4trHaMoU0jx*fqcrUKH4n*Z 2IdsDN8eQqAzk9p9nLtZK8bIclMK0BrF/SurpriseSwapIcon.jpg[/img]
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Do you suffer from agoraphobia?

Serious question.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

No, nothing like that, that I know of

Comment

The pleasure way outweighs the pain.

Hopefully the game will indeed be live and not a sleep walk.

My guess is that you are on the "younger" side of the fan base. Be mindful of the fact that a lot us don't move as quickly as you might like, or stand as long as you might like, or yell guite as loudly as you might like, but that doesn't make us any less a fan than those that do. A little respect goes a long way, in both directions.

You will be elbow to elbow and knee to neck with a lot of strangers. Most of them are great people, introduce yourself and make an effort to get to know them. You'll probably enjoy the game more that way.

Enjoy yourself.

Don't get in a big hurry to leave the arena, in fact, some enjoy hanging around for Kennedy's post game interviews. You might even get to shake the hand of one of the players/coaches. You can wait in the arena or the parking lot, the choice is yours.
                  “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
                  John Wayne

Comment

A virgin? I can hear Madonna singing now!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

fanmas, enjoy the game...wish I could be at it, as well...but the amazing thing about the age we live in?TV....you CAN become a fan, and have opinions, and not see them live very often, if at all!
                      I was a Chiefs fan for 17 years before I saw a game 'live'.....didn't stop me from growing an affection for them!

Have a great time!

Comment

At the start of the game and the start of the second half, DO NOT sit down or stop clapping and yelling until CU makes a FIELD GOAL. FT's don't count.

If you're in GA, don't sit by a guy in the student section unless you like hugging and being hugged by college guys. they all put their arms around each others waists and rock back and forth when Alma Mater is played.

However, there's nothing wrong with sitting beside a coed in the student section if you're near the proper age group. In that case it also helps to know the words and sing along, or your intention s may be brought into question.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

btw...start your own flash mob, version one...people will admire you for your courage! :)

Comment

Aargh, unfortunately I'm about 10 years the elder to most of the college students (don't want to reveal my age, but I'm sure you can figure out the range.) But I wouldn't mind a bit putting my arm around a sexy coed, or having her arm around me. lol

Unfortunately everybody who gave me advice is all for not. I woke up this morning with a fever over 100 and had to pass up the invite. :( was looking forward to seeing a live game, but will for sure be attending one next year. Will be watching this game on the comfort of my recliner. Thanks for all the advice, I'll definitely be remembering it next year.

Comment

You'll regret not going to the games coached by Dana Altman & Barry Hinson. Or the Florida State NIT one.

Comment

Working...
                              X