I Love the Shockers So Much ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love the Shockers So Much ...

... I can't throw away my 2006/2007 phone book.

How much do you love 'em?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

I've kept every single little handout, stress ball, rally towel, or poster to help decorate my rooms.. I also spend too much time on Shockernet.
    Goo Shockers

Comment

I love the Shockers so much I will shed far more than 1 tear on Senior night.

If you have a problem with a grown man crying, then blank you.

There have been times in my life I was truly embarrassed to be associated with WSU athletics. The Cohen regime and many things that went on during that time come to mind.

I am under no delusion about the possible activities of all the people all the time....the fact is I embarrass myself on regular occasions....but I have had enough interactions with the staff and players the last few years to know these are good people, with honorable goals and good intentions.

They are trying to get college degrees and the staff is doing everything they can to see just that happens.

I am proud to know many of them and I am happy for them in their accomplishments.

I hope they are not done, but I hope more they go on to be successful adults outside of basketball and I trust with Gregg leading the way that's going to happen more often than not.

Comment

bravo, WU...very good!

Comment

I cry when I gaze at my Cedric Coleman card of him holding the "Valley Champs" sign. The last time we won the valley tournament.

I will also watch bowling on TV if Chris Barnes is competing, purely because he is a Shocker.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

No matter who I watch play various sports including basketball, I get way more worked up, choked up, elated, sad, and even messed up when our beloved Shocks play. Many of us have been to games during blizzards, sub-par Seasons, even during the very toughest of Seasons. If we can't attend, we catch it on the tube and or the radio and have been doing so since we were knee-high to a grasshoppa.

It must be a passion watching games, reading, examining the stat sheets, and rewatching games they play, because this goes on the year around with many of us. Hobbies come and go and are fun. Passion for your favorite team in all of sports is beyond fun and we just keep doing it.

We must really care about these Shocks as has been pointed out on here by others. Otherwise, we could just watch paint dry, or search for fish-tracks or even butterfly bones, or even try to pull hens' teeth or hunt snipes? Right? Yikes!!! They can win or they can lose, but yet we will come back for more. Shockers Forever Baby!!! :wsu_posters:
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at the crying man. :cry:
              Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, and Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

Comment

I will also watch bowling on TV if Chris Barnes is competing, purely because he is a Shocker.
                Just Chris Barnes? What about Nathan Bohr, Sean Rash, Lonnie Waliczek, John Szczerbinski, Jesse Buss.....? There's a bunch of Shockers on tour, and all of the ones listed here are in the Top 100 after the first round of the US Open which started today.

Comment

Barnes has perhaps the sharpest dry humor in the history of mankind.

Walichek threw a perfect game on my pair in my first and only experience in a professional tournament.

Don't forget the ladies....you can see Big Red on the Lumber Liquidator commercials pretty much every week.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockMe300
                    Just Chris Barnes? What about Nathan Bohr, Sean Rash, Lonnie Waliczek, John Szczerbinski, Jesse Buss.....? There's a bunch of Shockers on tour, and all of the ones listed here are in the Top 100 after the first round of the US Open which started today.

It's pretty neat that whenever professional bowling is on TV you can almost always see a Shocker.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu

Walichek threw a perfect game on my pair in my first and only experience in a professional tournament.

Don't forget the ladies....you can see Big Red on the Lumber Liquidator commercials pretty much every week.
                      Saw Walichek bowl his first perfect game in youth leagues here in ICT. If only we were nearly the basketball powerhouse like we are the bowling powerhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxCO94
                        Originally posted by WuDrWu

Saw Walichek bowl his first perfect game in youth leagues here in ICT. If only we were nearly the basketball powerhouse like we are the bowling powerhouse.
                        Boy, you guys are really aging me with this talk of Lonnie. I bowled with his dad, Paul, at WSU in the "early days".

Comment

Working...
                        X