Fifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fifi

An entire team of fifi's. Every one of 'em. Soft as a baby's butt and a basketball IQ as thin as turnip soup. Never have I seen a an entire team full of fifi's.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Egotism is the anesthetic of stupidity.

Re: Fifi

Originally posted by DaShox
    An entire team of fifi's. Every one of 'em. Soft as a baby's butt and a basketball IQ as thin as turnip soup. Never have I seen a an entire team full of fifi's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw7KijRfU-c
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

:yahoo: Bravo! Now that guy was no "players coach"! And he has three NCAA titles to show for it!

Comment

Well, I know of a couple of guys who are not Fifi's, but that's not enough to overcome the overall collective of players with serious holes in their games.

It's very simple. The Top 25 and a championship probably requires the team to over-achieve and we should know that's not going to happen. Marshall needs to raise the ante with quality high school players. Granted, the current seniors were his first recruiting class so take that into account.

We need better Johnny's and Joe's. Maybe the incoming group of freshman will be that group.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
          Well, I know of a couple of guys who are not Fifi's, but that's not enough to overcome the overall collective of players with serious holes in their games.

It's very simple. The Top 25 and a championship probably requires the team to over-achieve and we should know that's not going to happen. Marshall needs to raise the ante with quality high school players. Granted, the current seniors were his first recruiting class so take that into account.

We need better Johnny's and Joe's. Maybe the incoming group of freshman will be that group.
          Durley and Hatch are not his recruits. On the other hand, Murry, Kyles, Stutz, and Williams are his HS recruits from the junior class.

Comment

Whatever, that's a technicality. Point is, now that we are nearing the close of the careers of the initial wave of players, it's time to raise the stakes. Maybe they are in the pipeline, time will tell. We just can't go forward with players who have this many holes in their game.

This team has found its level. We need a new level starting next season. We may be looking at a 2-3 year building process.

Comment

This year was our single best chance at an at-large bid. It could be a few more years before we have a legitimate chance at that again. It's a shame too. We have the talent to do it. What a waste.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
                Whatever, that's a technicality. Point is, now that we are nearing the close of the careers of the initial wave of players, it's time to raise the stakes. Maybe they are in the pipeline, time will tell. We just can't go forward with players who have this many holes in their game.

This team has found its level. We need a new level starting next season. We may be looking at a 2-3 year building process.
                I guess what I was getting at, ISASO, is that it appears HCGM is much better at finding quality Jucos than HSrs. At this point, I have no idea what DK will be like next year or whether GS will play for more than 15 minutes a game or that Murry will ever be close to the senior player we thought he might be after his frosh season or what may become of Williams. I hope I'm just being too negative right now.

Comment

Re: Fifi

Originally posted by DaShox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw7KijRfU-c
                  Your right.

Comment

A team high on talent and potential, which for our Shockers = NIT. It's been said in a couple of threads...this team is soft and doesn't have, not only a go-to player, but a true inspirational & respected go-to leader.

Comment

Exactly, UCONN has Kemba, VCU has Rodriquez, MO State has Weams, who the hell do we have to take a game over?

Comment

We agree. I don't see next year being different unless Ragland and Smith have more upside and blossom. Sadly, the seniors-to-be have apparently topped out and I believe that the future will rest on whomever is in the incoming freshman class - Jake White, Evan Wessell, etc.

Can't comment on the current underclassmen because they never play, also a bad sign. This was the year to be a Top 25 team and an NCAA lock. That has now been wiped out by reality and it's now time to look at the 2-3 year rebuilding process.

Some players are fifi's and some have other issues. We simply need fewer of those in future classes if we're ever going to have what we thought we had at the beginning of this season.

Comment

Letting Rodriguez get the ball for their last TWO possessions floored me.

Triple team him if you must - he clearly was the only ball handler on their team.

Watching GS continue to wallow in his own pool of ineptitude is brutal.

It's like watching the eurotrash twins of Bart Westgeest & Mahnord Martina all over again. Ugh. 8)
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                            This year was our single best chance at an at-large bid. It could be a few more years before we have a legitimate chance at that again. It's a shame too. We have the talent to do it. What a waste.
                            +1 + amenities + arena + attendance + history
                            I don't know why there is so much frustration these days. The .?9 seems to be a problem. But 14_ isn't dominating it. There seems to be conspiracy theories of the MVC against WSU. But the joint was sold out & loud.
                            WSU fans don't boo injured players. These are +'s over the SIU & Creighton teams that dominated.
                            Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef
                              Letting Rodriguez get the ball for their last TWO possessions floored me.

Triple team him if you must - he clearly was the only ball handler on their team.

Watching GS continue to wallow in his own pool of ineptitude is brutal.

It's like watching the eurotrash twins of Bart Westgeest & Mahnord Martina all over again. Ugh. 8)
                              Watch out, Ref, or you will be called an armchair after the fact coach, even though you were probably screaming at the time for the double team, like myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X