Great Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Game

Howdy, folks. This is DCDuck from VCURamNation. I just wanted to swing by and tell you all you played one heck of a game. Absolutely incredible fans, electric atmosphere, not a single person in the stands not wearing black or yellow.

I have to give Gregg Marshall props for putting us on ice during the second half. That zone just killed our momentum.

You handled the press very well for a team that doesn't see other teams that press very often. We thought we'd be able to turn you all over at will but you actually beat us in the turnover margin.

You have one heck of a basketball team. Took UConn to the brink, a couple bounces away from being 26-1, and no really bad losses. I'd hate to have to play against you all in the dance, no matter who I was. Your team is definitely one that can do some serious damage in March.

Good luck the rest of the way!

You have a team full of BCS athletes. We are not used to seeing that in today's Valley. If you get rolling you have a tough team for anyone to handle.

The CAA must be one damn tough conference.

Comment

Re: Great Game

Originally posted by DCduckVCU
      Howdy, folks. This is DCDuck from VCURamNation. I just wanted to swing by and tell you all you played one heck of a game. Absolutely incredible fans, electric atmosphere, not a single person in the stands not wearing black or yellow.

I have to give Gregg Marshall props for putting us on ice during the second half. That zone just killed our momentum.

You handled the press very well for a team that doesn't see other teams that press very often. We thought we'd be able to turn you all over at will but you actually beat us in the turnover margin.

You have one heck of a basketball team. Took UConn to the brink, a couple bounces away from being 26-1, and no really bad losses. I'd hate to have to play against you all in the dance, no matter who I was. Your team is definitely one that can do some serious damage in March.

Thank you for the good wishes.

Unfortunately after losing in the elimination game tonight, the best we can hope for in March is the NIT. Unless we can win it all in St. Louis, something we have NEVER done.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989
        Unfortunately after losing in the elimination game tonight, the best we can hope for in March is the NIT. Unless we can win it all in St. Louis, something we have NEVER done.
        I wouldn't call it an "elimination" game. Again, your resume lacks "bad" losses (and I hope for both of our sakes that we don't become a "bad" loss down the stretch!) and with the state of the bubble as it is now, I actually like WSU's chances (consider this: Alabama has a RPI of 88 and still has a chance at an at-large, according to Joe Lunardi. The same Alabama with four bad losses - Arkansas, Providence, St. Peter's, and Iowa).

I don't need to say the game at Missouri State is absolutely huge, but a win there would give you a big top-50 road win.

Don't give up faith. One or two breakdowns by some of the weaker Power Six bubble teams could open the doors wide open for the Shockers to go dancing.

Comment

Duck,
          Thanks for the well wishes, however, a loss to VCU at home qualifies as a "bad loss", along with losses at home to UNI, Missouri State and especially SIU. We are a decent team in a bad league, you guys are apparently a slightly more decent team in a similar league.

Congratulations on the win and good luck going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989
            I wouldn't call it an "elimination" game. Again, your resume lacks "bad" losses (and I hope for both of our sakes that we don't become a "bad" loss down the stretch!) and with the state of the bubble as it is now, I actually like WSU's chances (consider this: Alabama has a RPI of 88 and still has a chance at an at-large, according to Joe Lunardi. The same Alabama with four bad losses - Arkansas, Providence, St. Peter's, and Iowa).

I don't need to say the game at Missouri State is absolutely huge, but a win there would give you a big top-50 road win.

Don't give up faith. One or two breakdowns by some of the weaker Power Six bubble teams could open the doors wide open for the Shockers to go dancing.

With few exceptions (like GMU beating WSU in 2006), the BracketBusters is an elmination game. It gives the mediocre lower tier BCS teams a chance to laugh at all of us middies as we eliminate each other in this stupid BB event at the end of each season.

Comment

Very nice and very classy. That's the 3rd time I've seen the Rams in 2 weeks.....and that was a different team than the last 2 games.

The better team won tonight. Congrats, and best of luck going forward.

Comment

Duck your team played a good game and a terrific first half. Good luck the rest of the way. Watch out when we come to your place. We seem to always get the pay back.
                In the fast lane

Comment

VCU was the superior and better team. They deserved the win.

Congrats and good luck the rest of the way.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I thought we were playing the Clippers in the first half with all the freakin dunks. What in the world?

Oh well, l'm still looking forward to St. Louis.

Comment

I was entertaining game (as long as you had no emotional attachments to WSU). VCU looked like a very good team last night. Good luck to VCU the rest of the way.

Comment

DCduckVCU, your team beat the crap out of us on the boards, Numerous times you had multple offensive rebounds and captialized on them.

Best of luck with the remainder of your schedule and hope VCU gets selected to the NCAA. If not, we could very well bump heads again in the NIT.

Comment

Working...
                        X