Billy Packer...Just Shut Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Packer...Just Shut Up

Seriously! How is this guy relevant anymore at all?

relevant?

Comment

He's as relevant to college basketball as Jesse Jackson is to Civil Rights.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Really? Billy Packer doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground. He was one of the worst announcers I've ever heard. I'm glad he's gone. My opinion is that this is a great thing for college basketball. Having 4 networks showing all the games live at staggered times is great for March Madness fans like me who are able to take the time off work that first week and watch all the games.

Comment

He does have a point about ESPN though. I know not everyone has ESPNU and Classic but they could do the same thing and do have the commentators for it. I'll give him that aspect of it.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Sounds like a joke to me. Different day, same FudgePacker.

Comment

I guess I am one of the .01%. I would like to decide for myself what I want to watch.

Comment

"Packer believes the NCAA's decision to award the rights to air the tournament to CBS and Turner was a 'money grab' that is not in the best interest of the sport."

Is that not the pot calling the kettle black. So Packer's take on college basketball is to negate the deserving and quality mid-major programs from the NCAA tournament in favor of the "oh-hum" middle of the pack "money grabbing" BCS programs because it is in the "best interest of the sport."

Sorry Billy, your time has come and gone. Go take a nap or something.

Comment

It will be ingrained in my memory forever, Billy P and Jim N being absolutely furious with the selection committee in 2006. Then they spent the next two weeks removing their feet from their mouths.

Billy has committed a mortal sin in the Church of BCS. He admitted that TV money may have something to do with the current state of college basketball.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I don't like the switch, but not entirely for the same reasons he does. March Madness on TNT is just going to be weird, along with having NBA guys involved with it.

Comment

I do agree with a couple of his comments...

How many of these guys from TNT have a good connection to college basketball?

My gut tells me teams are not as good right now across all levels of college basketball as they were 10 years ago...

Comment

I don't have cable.
                        screw espn TNT and all those other channels

CBS FTW.

God if the NCAA Tournament ever goes to ESPN at least for next year, I will be pissed beyond belief
                        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Yes, but

No doubt Packer is tiresome, but it's hard to disagree with his point about the game having regressed.

Comment

Re: Yes, but

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                            No doubt Packer is tiresome, but it's hard to disagree with his point about the game having regressed.
                            Is that really a revelation though???

Do we need to rubber stamp it from Billy Packer???

Comment

I don't have cable either, and if the trend continues, it won't matter. I can already watch all of the NCAA tournament games on the Internet, and tonight, I will be watching the Shox on my XBOX via ESPN3.com live streaming, which is awesome, BTW.

The TV broadcasts are becoming less and less captive.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                              X