Clear All

• Bubble Watch Feb 15

Games on ESPN's Bubble Watch.

(Bubble teams in caps)

MICHIGAN ST. at Ohio State 8pm espn

Texas Tech at MIZZOU 6pm espn2

Georgia St. at OLD DOMINION

GEORGE MASON AT VIRGINA COMMONWEALTH 6pm espnu
    (VCU is probably the more likely bubble burst at this point, but we play them friday. I'm not sure if i want them to lose enough games not to be invited to the dance. or if i want them to win out so that when we beat them it looks like a good win. I don't think I will know the right answer until selection sunday)

MARYLAND at VIRGINIA TECH 6pm espn3
    (maryland is on the positive side of the bubble at this point while virginia is on the outside looking in, once again, not sure which outcome I should hope for. BUT since I hate Gary Williams, i'm probably gonna root for the Delaney show.)

Drake at MISSOURI ST.
    (gonna have to root for MSU, and hope we beat them)

ST. JOHNS at MARQUETTE 8pm espnu
    (st. johns has a better resume' so I'm gonna hope for Marquette to lose and lose often.)

air force at UNLV

It's coming down to crunch time!

Shocks obviously just need to win win win. BUT these teams losing would be nice too :good: :good:

:goshocks:
    veni, vidi, vici

We need VCU to win out so that beating them improves our resume. Quite frankly, (and IMO) our at-large hopes are dim unless we get some more good wins and we only have two opportunities left (VCU and MSU). Otherwise we're looking at having to win the tournament anyway. So GMU is the least of our worries.

Comment

I'm confident about winning in St. Louis. With that said, I'm cheering for George Mason and Drake. I'm pissed at VCU for choking even more than we are, and I'm annoyed that their fans were pissed at us for wanting Mason over them (because VCU was going to win the conference no problem and end up being much better than George Mason, yeah, right). I hope now they can see our reasoning.

As far as SWOMO goes, I'd just like to see us win this conference by 2-3 games, I don't even care if they're a good win or not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock
        I'm confident about winning in St. Louis. With that said, I'm cheering for George Mason and Drake. I'm pissed at VCU for choking even more than we are, and I'm annoyed that their fans were pissed at us for wanting Mason over them (because VCU was going to win the conference no problem and end up being much better than George Mason, yeah, right). I hope now they can see our reasoning.

As far as SWOMO goes, I'd just like to see us win this conference by 2-3 games, I don't even care if they're a good win or not anymore.
        I may have come off as a person that thinks we're an at-large team lately based on posts in other threads. That's not definitely true. I just think we deserve a better look than some BCS crapateers get. With that said, can I get a +1?

I wanna win the Valley. I don't care for MSU anymore because it probably won't help us anyways IF we do win there. And I can see the VCU reasoning. Anybody who didn't check out their board after the BB was announced definitely saw how they were the better and "premiere" choice over Mason. Yeah, well so much for that. :roll:
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

At this point, I want a MVC Reg season banner to hang. Even if it's shared with MSU. KU has half of thier 7 straight that were shared so nobody cares if shared anyway.

After looking through all the bubble watches I think a MVC post season tourney title will be needed anyway to dance.

So I hope for MSU to lose tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

I may have come off as a person that thinks we're an at-large team lately based on posts in other threads. That's not definitely true. I just think we deserve a better look than some BCS crapateers get. With that said, can I get a +1?

I wanna win the Valley. I don't care for MSU anymore because it probably won't help us anyways IF we do win there. And I can see the VCU reasoning. Anybody who didn't check out their board after the BB was announced definitely saw how they were the better and "premiere" choice over Mason. Yeah, well so much for that. :roll:
            + 1

Comment

Originally posted by fansince80s
              At this point, I want a MVC Reg season banner to hang. Even if it's shared with MSU. KU has half of thier 7 straight that were shared so nobody cares if shared anyway.

After looking through all the bubble watches I think a MVC post season tourney title will be needed anyway to dance.

So I hope for MSU to lose tonight!
              Right now I definitely don't want a shared conference champsionship.

We're tied with MSU now. Either WSU or MSU loses the last game of the regular season in Springfield . A tie would require the winner of the game in Springfield to lose between now and then.

I don't want it to be WSU that loses @ UE or to CU. If MSU loses one before we play them, then I'm 100% wanting an outright title.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

If we are going to have any chance at an at large bid (and I do think we do have a chance if we win out in the regular season) we have to beat SMS at Springfield. And for that game to matter SMS needs to win all of their games before then.

I HATE SMS a lot. I HATE THEM WORSE THAN CREIGHTON AND UNI. But unfortunately the way our schedule has worked out, we need quality wins and they are last hope to get one.

Personally I think winning the Valley with our other wins this year should be enough. The regular season Valley champ as been in the dance every year since 1994. And some of those teams weren't that good and neither was the Valley many of those years.

I would really hate for us to be the first Valley regular season champ to be left out of the dance.

The Valley also got multiple bids nearly every one of those years too until 2008.

Unfortunately times have changed (for the worse for non-BCS teams)

Comment

missouri state beat drake tonight.

VT beat maryland giving them a 16-10 record overall.

George Mason threw it down on VCU 71-51....
                  I don't think VCU has much of a chance besides maybe winning out and getting second in thier conference tournament. but i haven't looked closely. Their RPI isn't the greatest though.

Ohio State continues to convince the world that MSU shouldn't be dancing by defeating them 71-61
                  veni, vidi, vici

Comment

After beating Evansville tonight, we jumped from #51 to #46 on LiveRPI.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                      After beating Evansville tonight, we jumped from #51 to #46 on LiveRPI.
                      :wsu_posters:

Comment

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. :good:
                        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. :good:
                          If we win out I think my face will look perfectly fine without a nose. :lol:

Comment

Working...
                          X