Polls / Brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polls / Brackets

If we are ranked ahead of teams like Baylor, KState, Michigan State etc. then how can they be invited to the NCAA and not us?

Just looked at the latest Lunardi which has us as the last four out.

Re: Polls / Brackets

Originally posted by Capitol Shock
    If we are ranked ahead of teams like Baylor, KState, Michigan State etc. then how can they be invited to the NCAA and not us?

Name on the jersey and conference affiliation.

Comment

Not sure if I would like us getting a play-in game or not. Sure does not seem like the real tournament??? is the last 4 in play-in games also in Dayton like the others??

Comment

Originally posted by fansince80s
        Not sure if I would like us getting a play-in game or not. Sure does not seem like the real tournament??? is the last 4 in play-in games also in Dayton like the others??

no no no.

the last four in are generally 12 seeds. They are the last 4 at large bids. It's not saying the are the worst four teams in the tournament.

The play in games are reserved for the winners for crappy conferences (atlantic sun, SWAC.. so forth)

The worst teams are forced to do the play in games.
        :good:

I'm not sure where they play.
        Last year, Dayton sounds familiar as the site for the play-in. Not sure about this year. i don't know if its Dayton every year.
        veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Yes, they're in Dayton. I'm really of two minds about being involved in the play-in round: on one hand, if I was a 5-seed, I would want nothing to do with a 12-seed with the depth and maturity of WSU that has a game under it's belt in the last three days (as opposed to more than a week and a half off). On the other hand, it's always better to be in the tournament than have to win a game to be "in."
          "Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum."
          -- Lucretius, De Rerum Natura

Comment

Originally posted by JohannSebastianShock
            Yes, they're in Dayton. I'm really of two minds about being involved in the play-in round: on one hand, if I was a 5-seed, I would want nothing to do with a 12-seed with the depth and maturity of WSU that has a game under it's belt in the last three days (as opposed to more than a week and a half off). On the other hand, it's always better to be in the tournament than have to win a game to be "in."
            Wait... Do 12 seeds have to do play-in games??
            Now i'm becoming confused about the new setup of the tournament...
            veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by notquiteBWing

no no no.

the last four in are generally 12 seeds. They are the last 4 at large bids. It's not saying the are the worst four teams in the tournament.

The play in games are reserved for the winners for crappy conferences (atlantic sun, SWAC.. so forth)

Last year, Dayton sounds familiar as the site for the play-in. Not sure about this year. i don't know if its Dayton every year.
              Remember that this year there are four "first round" games. The last four auto-bids will play-in as well as the last four at-large bids (11 or 12 seeds, usually) will have a play-in game as well. Details here.

Comment

Not sure how we go from last 4 in after the SIU loss to first four out after the UNI win.

Comment

Re: Polls / Brackets

Originally posted by Capitol Shock

1. The selection committee doesn't go by the top-25 or RPI or any other form of ranking.

2. As I've mentioned here many times, Lunardi is one of the last bracketologists to pay attention to.

3. None of the bracketologists, AP writers or coaches/SIDs are on the selection committee.

4. We have no "very good" wins (50- RPI), only two "good" wins (100- RPI - Tulsa, UNI) and a "bad" loss (100+ RPI - SIU).

Bottom line is that our resume is practically blank. It's bland. It's ho-hum.

Win out until at least the MVC championship game and maybe WSU looks better to the selectors.

Comment

Originally posted by cjp27
                    Not sure how we go from last 4 in after the SIU loss to first four out after the UNI win.
                    There are other teams that can change and move ahead of WSU...

Comment

I always thought it sucked to watch a team win its confernce on TV and jump around ect then get DAYTON-ED!

Office pools dont even reflect on the "play-in games" The tourney starts on THURSDAY not Tuesday in my mind.

This was in the past, like to see how it goes down this year.

Comment

7 votes in today's coaches poll, none in AP

Comment

Originally posted by notquiteBWing

no no no.

Come on man. Do you live under a rock??
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by cjp27
                            I don't quite get it either. I'm not saying we are fully at-large worthy and I realize other teams can jump as well, but what did Boston College, Michigan State, Richmond, and Memphis do this week to catapult them above us? I sure don't see much.

Let's face it. The bubble is extremely weak this year. I don't think WSU is even considered in most years. However, when compared to other teams in similar positions this year, WSU looks right on line or better than a lot of the other craptastic resumes.

I'm sorry, but Boston College, Michigan State, and Richmond do not deserve bids at our expense.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Office pools dont even reflect on the "play-in games" The tourney starts on THURSDAY not Tuesday in my mind.

This was in the past, like to see how it goes down this year.
                              I would normally agree but that's gonna change this year. It's gonna be a quick turnaround to get all your brackets in by Tuesday this year, because there are 11/12 seeds that are capable of being picked to go to the second round or Sweet 16. That's far different than the normal 16 seed play-in games where the winner didn't matter because they were gonna get drilled in the next round anyways.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X