Another Marshall Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Marshall Moment

Just something I noticed on TV: when the game was finally wrapped up with a few seconds to and a comfortable lead, HCGM went down the bench to each member of the team, staff and managers to congratulate them. MT may have done this but I never noticed it before.

Coach is a classy guy.

Comment

At the half-time talk, GM called out for some tough junk-yad-dawgs to answer the bell the 2nd half----and by golly---the Seniors led the way and Mr. Clemente and the gang followed, just as RC had said he would do. This is not a Coach that will allow our Shocks to end up 6th to 8th in the Valley this year in the Valley!!! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN I SAY!!!!!!!

He just spoke with Mike Kennedy. He is pumped and it is very contagious to his team. Only 11 turnovers. He called us road warriors the 2nd half. Like Willie N. sings---"On the road again baby!!!!!!"

What about that 2-3 zone----it really messed them up!!! Only 11 turnovers and 10-3 pointers!!! Our Seniors led the way and Coach acknowleged that!!! ASU's team only lost 1 game at home last year GM just said.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Re:

Another funny Marshall moment:

after the game, Marshall and his wife tried to bring all the Shox fans into the lockerroom. The ASU rent-a-cops weren't having it and blockaded the entry.

Marshall's wife said, "what do you think this is, the White House or something?"

Classic. Gotta love the Marshall family.

Comment

Re: Another Marshall Moment

Originally posted by hutchshox
          Just something I noticed on TV: when the game was finally wrapped up with a few seconds to and a comfortable lead, HCGM went down the bench to each member of the team, staff and managers to congratulate them. MT may have done this but I never noticed it before.
          Acually what he said and I Quote "We ballin everyday so wut it dew yall and 1 the best ." HCGM

:D :posterwu: 8) 8)
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Imagine that -- zone defense being played. I guess there are elements to the game that Shocker fans haven't experienced for a while. Zone-D, fullcourt press and some fast break dunking, man Gene Smithson would be proud!

Comment

Acually what he said and I Quote "We ballin everyday so wut it dew yall and 1 the best ." HCGM

If he actually said that, I expect Coach to do the Solja Boy dance on the sidelines sometime soon

Comment

Re: Another Marshall Moment

Originally posted by hutchshox
                Besides the win, my favorite part of the game. Says a whole lot about our new coach.

Comment

Originally posted by KBShocker
                  Imagine that -- zone defense being played. I guess there are elements to the game that Shocker fans haven't experienced for a while. Zone-D, fullcourt press and some fast break dunking, man Gene Smithson would be proud!
                  Gene was on the pregame show on KGSO today. Talked about MTXE and the recruitment of "hard" players. I think Marshall is recruiting "hard" players....

I like hearing from Gene on KGSO....
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Marshall believes in physical play and zone play when needed. I love it... such a nice change from what we have seen the last few years which made me go crazy.

Comment

when was the last time ole' Gene was back in wichita for a shocker game?

Comment

The guy is just one helluva game coach

Comment

Another Marshall moment:

Coach Marshall was talking about some of the great plays made during the game… he specifically mentioned that PJ complemented Gal for the great screen he set to free someone for one of the tomahawks (not sure what play?). Anyway, PJ said, “That’s the first screen Gal has set on the continent!” Mike and Bob got a good chuckle from the comment.
                          :D

P.S. You can since that coach Marshall loves his players.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I was thoroughly impressed with Gregg’s composure late in the 1st half when we got down 11 points. Instead of stewing on the bench with his face buried in his hands or ranting like a lunatic spewing profanity towards the officials, he just kept instructing his players with positive reinforcement. He comes across as one cool cat.

Comment

That is good to know because it will rub off on his players. The more I read about Marshall the more I like him.

Comment

Working...
                              X