No announcement yet.

Yeah Baby!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to handle the big wide bodies better on defense. If we get into Valley play without a strategy to defend the big boys it might be a long Conference season.

Comment

Why do I have a feeling that if we woulda played man the whole game (which woulda happened last year) we woulda got drilled?

I like the openess to new and changing defenses.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

What about that 2-3 Zone? Is that legal for a Shocker team to try---little lone execute to the max? PT and Ramon are not as tall as most players the will face this year. But-------they are out-quicking and out-hustling our opponets. Coach asked for some junk-yard dawgs to take over 2nd half. It is not always the size of the road warrior---junkyard dawg that counts---but rather the fight he brings to the brawl. Our Shockers played with a lot of heart tonight!!!!!!!
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
          Why do I have a feeling that if we woulda played man the whole game (which woulda happened last year) we woulda got drilled?

I'm guessing because that big guy they had kept dominating us all the first half and couldn't miss.
          Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by DJShocker10
            Originally posted by ShockerFever

I'm guessing because that big guy they had kept dominating us all the first half and couldn't miss.
            And the funny thing is, last year we still woulda been going man-to-man.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by KBShocker
              Have to handle the big wide bodies better on defense. If we get into Valley play without a strategy to defend the big boys it might be a long Conference season.
              They couldn't have done any more to defend him majority of the time without fouling. The zone did it's job of keeping the ball on the perimeter and that is probably what we will see when we encounter "wide bodies" in the Valley. That was some of the biggest experienced guys we will see all year though (with exception of UNI) and we adjusted well. Also I think just using our quickness to wear them down will be big.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

the valley will make their share of 3's though.
                and (probably to our advantage) the refs will probably call the rough play down low during the conference.
                veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by notquiteBWing
                  and (probably to our advantage) the refs will probably call the rough play down low during the conference.
                  It was a Valley officiating crew calling the game tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker
                    yea i remember mike saying that. but still, it's not very often that valley crews allow that much contact......
                    veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker
                      yea i remember mike saying that. but still, it's not very often that valley crews allow that much contact......
                      I don't know, it's gotten better the past couple of years IMO.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker
                        Listening to Coach on the postgame. What a nice change of pace. :good:
                        Optimistic and aggressive. No more sitting back seeing how the other team is playing us. We now impose our will and "dictate" how we play!!! Very nice! :clap:
                        This philosophy is all I want for Christmas.

Comment

My Christmas wish list would include Santa Baby to get EO here asap this year and for our Bookend Connection signings for next year make us want to sing out--Noel-Noel!!!!!!!
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

It was a very good win considering we were down at half. Any road win by a young team is big....

Comment

Working...
                            X